Tays and I flew down three weeks after Grandmas funeral for Grandpas funeral. It was good to be together with all the cousins on the White/Kirkland side celebrating grandpa. I loved hearing about his life and the stories dad shared during the funeral about growing up with grandpa as his step father and the challenges and joys that both went along with that. After the funeral service family members piled into cars and headed north for the 4 hour drive to Show Low where grandpas burial took place, right next to grandma. I squeezed between Ty and Bry in a car with Dad and Darrel up front, a good few hours being sandwiched between my brothers reminiscing about old times. It was January and it was cold and snowy, as we drove into Show Low I remembered all the times we had driven to Show Low over the years growing up and had stayed at Grandma and Grandpas house on our ski trips. All six of us kids and mom and dad would pack in the suburban everyone bundled up with just enough room left for the skis, snowboards, and boots. I remember Grandma always sending us off for a day on the slopes with well buttered toast and eggs. I remember Grandpa always keeping the house warm by keeping wood on the wood burning stove that sat right in the center of their home.
Shortly after Keith and I were married Keith lost his wedding ring while playing football on the beach, luckily Grandpa was an expert when it came to making jewelry and made Keith a new wedding ring. I loved the idea of his new ring being made by grandpa. Keith and Grandpa hit it off right away when Keith joined the family, for one thing they both loved the game of golf. I have several bracelets and pieces of jewelry from grandpa and also a hiking stick he made me, but my very favorite thing from grandpa though would have to be Rex's first set of golf clubs. When Rex was two years old Grandpa cut him down his first set of real clubs. It wasn't long before Rex became obsessed with the game of golf, even as a two year old. Grandpa liked to give Rex golf instruction and would show Rex the correct way to swing a golf club. This little set of clubs went through Rex, Ben, and Drew. All three boys have used and loved learning to play golf on the little set of clubs from Grandpa.
I have always felt grateful for such loving grandparents who were a part of our lives. Grandpa will be remembered and missed.
1 comment:
شركة تركيب اثاث ايكيا بالرياض
فني تركيب اثاث ايكيا بالرياض
شركة تركيب اثاث ايكيا بالرياض
فنى
تركيب كاميرات
شركة تركيب اثاث ايكيا بالرياض
فني ايكيا بالرياض
شركة تركيب اثاث ايكيا بالرياض
شركة تركيب اثاث ايكيا بالرياض
فني ستائر بالرياض
Post a Comment