Just a glimpse of Rex's 8 year old birthday party... and let me tell ya, it was a P A R T Y! I had planned a bunch of relays and outside games, I mean look at all those boys. ( and luckily the two girls that were invited were totally ok with all the boy craziness!) Just as the party began, it started to rain. more like pour! It had been supposed to rain all day and hadn't so I thought that maybe we were going to get lucky, but not so much... literally the party started at 5 and that's just when the rain began! Luckily this is Washington and rain doesn't stop anyone from being outside! SO, these crazy boys ran wild playing Capture the Flag through the forested part of our yard and Ghost in the Graveyard in the pouring rain... These boys were muddy and drenched but still managed to have a great time! They cleaned up enough to come in for some pizza and cake and then they were out again for some more. I wish I had taken a picture of Tays and her friend Sara who were the "party organizers" they dressed up like nerds with glasses and suspenders and played music and danced around everywhere they went playing music from their phones. Rex later told Tays that she was "kinda weird" but I loved that she was so willing to help and have fun entertaining and helping along the party!
We feel so blessed to have Rex a part of our family! He is so much fun and has so much energy! We love watching him at whatever he does... right now he's playing baseball and basketball. Basketball season just got over, but he loved it SO much he wanted to play another season, along with baseball! He continues to love any and all sports! Most days ( rain or shine) you can find him outside shooting hoops with the neighborhood kids! He is my sweetheart! Still willing to snuggle me whenever I need it! I'm crazy about those dimples of his! Rex we are so happy you had a wonderful birthday! Now you've got a baptism to look forward to!
1 comment:
happy birthday REX!!! He looks so grown up here! and Drew?! wht the heck? when did he turn 5?
Post a Comment