Thursday, January 10, 2013

parenthood, the show.

Lately I've been loving Tuesdays, Tuesday night means one thing: once the kids are in bed its time to turn on Parenthood. Seriously I love this show!
I'm at the point where I pretty much feel like all of the characters are my best friends. ( sadly there are only two episodes left this season) Keith can tease me all he wants about crying every episode and wanting to talk through the characters drama for like an hour after the show is over, cause I know he loves it as much as me :) Luckily we've got good friends here who like to watch, talk, and cry over it too!
If you don't watch it, you probably should go back and start from season one.
Anyway, besides the fact that I love the story lines and characters, I also find myself drooling over the home style and decor on set! The paint colors in their homes are so beautiful! I had pretty much decided on having a neutral tan throughout most of our house, until I realized last night just why I love the homes so much on this show... the amazing colors they have painted on the walls...along with all that craftsman style trim and molding!
So I've been doing my research and looks like I'm not the only one out there who has taken notice of the beautiful set design on this show! I've actually been able to find some of the colors used and am excited to start from scratch on paint ideas and add some color...thanks to Parenthood.
We signed and finalized our contract/house plans yesterday which means we are just about ready to get going! Just a couple last final decisions!

These pictures are from Adam and Kristinas house...beautiful colors huh?!

5 comments:

Jacque said...

i found myself thinking the same thing as i watched parenthood the other night. gorgeous sets for sure!

how exciting that your house plans are underway! i'm sure it will all turn out beautifully!

oh, and i've had the same problem with blogger lately. i discovered that the only way i can upload pictures is by doing it in html format in the post screen. it's kind of annoying cuz you have to go back and forth between html and format, but at least it works!

anyway, super long comment, i know. miss ya tons!

sbk said...

I'm exciting to see your house when we make it out to Washington!

Stacie said...

Girl you know I love me some Parenthood. Can't believe I made fun of you for watching it for as long as I did. Really putting my foot in my mouth every Wednesday morning when I have to run out and buy a new tissue box. ;)

Jill Scripps said...

That is our favorite show!! I'm bummed that the season is almost over! There are so many gorgeous home ideas on there...I can't wait to see pictures of your updates.

Ashley said...

Okay, my favorite show on TV:) Trent makes fun too, but I see him wiping his eyes every now & then! Love the colors & decor. So fun to get your house the way you want it.