Happy 2013!
I can't figure out what's up with my computer, but for some reason i can't seem to download any pictures to my blog...owell thought I'd update anyway.I just love this time of year, not necessarily the cold temperatures that go along with it, but mostly I love being inspired by the fresh new start a new year seems to bring! I'll admit, I love setting goals, but when it comes to following through with them, that is where I struggle. ok so this year will hopefully be different. My biggest goal of all is just to be consistent with the goals I've made
Here are a few of the things I plan to be more consistent with:
writing in a journal monthly
early to rise, early to bed. ok this one will be hard for me, really hard! I plan to run before my kids get up in the mornings, Ragnar is under two months away!!!
planned family home evenings...
desserts on weekends-rather than after every lunch and dinner!
There are plenty more where these came from, but I'll start with these for now....
The fact that my computer is not letting me download pictures right now is very unfortunate, mostly because Tays just e-mailed me some of the best pictures ever! Not one picture she sent was in focus- they were all taken with her cracked I-pod touch, but none the less, you could see the fun and excitement on our girls faces as they "have the time of their lives" this week in Arizona with the White family! They've been there all week staying with Grammy and Papa... who planned a little getaway for the girls this winter break and flew them down to Phoenix to be with their cousins/friends. It's been entertaining just hearing about what they've been doing each day they've been there. There definitely hasn't been a dull moment!
Here's what I've been hearing about over the phone this week: surprising Mars and Miles. trapeze lessons ( yes like at the circus). feeding the homeless at a soup kitchen. skating. shopping. hiking. swimming. movies. Red Robin. "performing" Taylor Swift songs at grandmas nursing home with cousins. making cookies with jaiden at Aunt Shells. holding baby Lola and Blythe. watching Kaitlin take first place all around at her gymnastics meet. and I'm sure plenty more... I just hope they want to come home after this week is over! They have had SO much fun, I'm so happy for them, but I really am missing those girls of ours and will be so happy to see their sweet faces when they fly in tomorrow!
This break has gone so fast! Before the girls left we were able to spend a day with good friends sledding up North of Seattle. I had no idea Washington had so much snow, it was beautiful!!!
Keith and I were also able to sneak out one night to see Le Mis while Paula and Kirk stayed with our boys. I seriously sobbed, so much so, that I had to use a diaper ( a clean one) to wipe my face from so many tears, because it was the only thing I had on me and I was desperate!
I love a good night out with my man, I think that's one more thing I should add to my list of things to be consistent with: date nights!
5 comments:
haha! i loved that you used a diaper!!! that is so funny and so something i would do. i am sure those girls are loving being in AZ! what a fun thing your patents did! i am trying to not eat dessert everydat too.. i am not dointoo well already but i am really going to start monday!
I LOVE YOU and all your goals! They are good ones. I should share mine so I can be held accountable...can't wait to see those girls too. Your house has been too quiet with them gone.
Oh my goodness, we're already missing those sweet girls around here, and they just left!! Thanks for sharing them over the holidays - We had a fantabulous time with them!
Ok. I can't either. It's something wrong with Internet explorer. I googled it. You can change it to the HTML and load them then change it back to compose until they fix it. It's a pain though. I'm pretty ticked especially after I had to start paying monthly for mine.
Haha I have used clean diapers for lots of things but not wiping away my tears! Love that! The kids had a blast and it was so fun seeing Tays and KK! I can't believe how old they are getting :)
Post a Comment