Wednesday, September 5, 2012

padilla bay shore trail

I love that keith knows all the good spots around here and what I love even more is how excited he is to take us to all of them! Monday night he fixed all the kids flat tires, then loaded up all the bikes in the car and took us to an area where he had biked earlier that day, Padilla bay shore trail. The older four rode off on their bikes while Keith and I walked along the water with Drew. We talked about how nice it was that our kids were getting old enough to go on up ahead and to look after each other. Tayler always seems to watch out for Rex, while KK usually has Ben by her side.
(actually sometimes it's vice versa, depending on their moods.)
The kids start school tomorrow, time to say goodbye to summer. I tried to have the kids in bed by a reasonable hour tonight... Ben and Rex were still coming out at 11:00. ahh! One early morning and they'll be ready for bed tomorrow night, soon enough we'll get back on that schedule one way or another.
Tays was in tears tonight, nervous about her first day at a new school. Her new good friend who she has been getting together with daily turned out to be in her class, I know that will help... Unfortunately I'm pretty certain she gets this trait from me. I can remember being so nervous all summer long before I started junior high and I'm pretty sure I even felt the same way leaving for college, nervous for change. the unknown. I know she'll do great though! KK said the sweetest prayer tonight and asked that tays would feel comfortable and have a good first day of school. Good thing KK and rex will be right there with her at the same school. Can't wait to hear how it all goes.
 
on a sidenote Rex said this was the best bikeride of his entire life. probably so.
oh and KK's home made chili is waiting in the fridge for her school lunch tomorrow, that's been her request all week- to pack chili for her first day of school. (kinda gutsy really)


mt. Baker


I don't think i've brushed my hair since we've moved, looks like its starting to show!


2 comments:

MaryAnn said...

Oh how I desperately need your energy and enthusiasm, Lynsi. I don't know how in the world you are managing getting out of the house so much with the all the kids in the midst of moving into a new home and STILL being able to accomplish daily posts on your blog. Two of my three boys are in school and I'm still having a tough time catching up -- and we moved in nearly two years ago. Anyway, keep the posts coming -- I love keeping up on the Wilson life.

White Family said...

I hope everyone has a wonderful first day of school! We miss you guys and love being able to see how Washington is treating you through your blog posts. xo