Monday, September 3, 2012

ebey's landing

A couple days ago it was way too nice of a day to spend inside unpacking and so we ended up taking off for a little day trip to an area called ebey's landing. A few years back Keith and I ran in the Washington Ragnar with the Wilson family and one of keiths running distances was right through these parts... we've always wanted to go back.
As you can tell it was absolutely gorgeous, the views, um well I don't even have words for those!
 

 








on the way home we had to stop and treat ourselves to berry cobbler and strawberry shortcakes, we brought some berries home as well. ben and I made enough strawberry jam to last us, well at least a couple weeks. ( at the rate we're going!)

8 comments:

Grapefruit said...

Pretty much you are living in paradise, then? Wow. Gorgeous! I can't wait to come visit. The ocean surrounded by all those fresh berries? That's my dream! It sounds like you are happy but slightly sleep deprived...go to bed! Those boxes will still be there in the morning. Say hi to all from us.

Laura T. said...

I need to come up there and jam with you. Literally and figuratively.

Steoffrey said...

all that fruit and jam looks delish. and your hike is looknig a lot nicer and prettier than the one we attempted. :/ You're making me jealous!

MaryAnn said...

No way...Ben has shoes on! Looks like WA is doing wonders for you already. By the way -- I LOVE the photo of your 3 little guys running down the path.

fREnCh TrOSt said...

You guys are making me want to move there! I love all the fresh berries and how beautiful it is! We will be up that way in December so hopefully we'll get our "fix"

Blondie Blues said...

Lynds, All looks amazing and wonderful! New fun adventures!

Jacque said...

lynsi! what a gorgeous place to be! looks like you all fit in perfectly there.

i hope you're able to get some sleep and that the kiddos have a great first week of school!

missin' ya!

Audrey said...

we are so jealous! these pictures are beautiful!