It's so much fun to watch Drew discovering, enjoying, and taking in everything around him every single day.
More than anything he loves to be outside, if he's not outside he's standing (and pounding on) the sliding glass doors, yelling "side"!
The only thing he loves as much as "side" are shoes. He loooves shoes! Probably because putting on his shoes usually means he's getting ready to go outside. Lucky he owns a pair of shoes, it wasn't until just recently that he actually did. I finally found a pair that would fit those feet of his! He, like our other boys have some serious block feet! (they get those from their dad, Tays has them too. KK is the only one who inherited my feet.) After much searching I finally found a pair of shoes that work for those cute feet of his.
Another one of Drews favorites right now is rocking in the rocking chair with books. Those late nights where I try to skip over the routine (thinking he just might not notice) and attempt to slip him into his crib without rocking with books first... um that just doesn't happen, not without a full arched back fit, and lots of pointing to the books and to the rocking chair...he knows what he wants! I guess he also knows this is pretty much the only time he gets me all to himself. I have to say though, this is one of my favorite times of the day too, tucking little drew in for naps and bedtime. With the craziness that I can usually hear going on downstairs, sometimes some nice relaxing me and drew time is just what I need! That's actually what I love most about bedtime with all my kids- many days it's the only one-on-one time I get with each one of them, as I get to tuck them into their beds and chat it up with them about their day. good stuff!
So Drew has started the scrunching up his nose and sniffing really loud thing, it's seriously cute. do you know what I'm talking about? I think all babies do that at some point and it's so funny! I guess it's partly his way of communicating, we all do it back to him and he thinks its great!
I love drews big brown eyes and fun personality. You can already tell he's going to be a fun kid!! You can guarantee when he hears the song Party Rockers he's going to dance his heart out! He's a busy boy, the Christmas bins that I have blocking the wooden stairs, just aren't cutting it anymore. Drew's pretty much hurdling those now and constantly sneaking up those stairs. He gets up them pretty fast, problem is he just doesn't know how to get down quite yet.
side note: as I'm typing this I'm looking down at ben who is glueing erasers to our printer. awesome!
*these pictures are of drew a couple days ago after I caught him sneaking into the pantry to help himself to some oreos! ha!
Life is good with baby drew!
ok I think that pretty much sums it up.
an update on all five kids.
check.
2 comments:
So Sweet! What a cutie.
he is such a cute boy. and sounds like his personality is just as cute!
ben glueing erasers to the printer cracked me up.
Post a Comment