This week we had a major homework dilemma. Tuesday night Tayler frantically began tearing through the house looking for an assignment that was due the next day. ( and that she had been working on for an entire month!) Lots of artwork and writing were involved and she had worked really hard on it. If you know Tays, you know that school work is a big deal! Anyway after about half an hour of tears, frustration, and anger (mostly towards her little sister who she was convinced was guilty of losing it, and who at moments I thought was going to get tackled to the ground, oh wait she actually did) Tayler was no where closer to finding it. By this point I had come to the conclusion that this assignment (which was 36 pages long) was not going to show up. gone for good. somewhere we'd never know.
After a serious heart-to-heart with Tays ( I seriously don't know if I'd ever seen her this upset!) we came to the conclusion that it all came down to one thing. What we (or what she) was going to do about it..
SO, what seemed to be the only option in the end, she decided, was to start over. Yes all 36 pages! (and it was already almost ten o clock) I told her I'd help her and we'd get it done one way or another!
We seriously started from page ONE! ( I knew we were in for a late night!) KK decided she was in too.
Keith turned on some tunes for us, got the boys down, and us girls got to work. KK lasted about an hour and then was ready to hit the sack. Around midnight, when Tays could hardly keep her eyes open, we decided to take a break and finish it up early in the morning. We woke up an hour earlier than usual and got to work first thing in the morning and finally got through it. Phew she (we) did it!
Keith turned on some tunes for us, got the boys down, and us girls got to work. KK lasted about an hour and then was ready to hit the sack. Around midnight, when Tays could hardly keep her eyes open, we decided to take a break and finish it up early in the morning. We woke up an hour earlier than usual and got to work first thing in the morning and finally got through it. Phew she (we) did it!
Ok so here's the real kicker though.
During the course of the evening I had e-mailed her teacher, to let her know Tayler wouldn't be turning in the original, but a recreated assignment. I checked my e-mail first thing after the girls were off to school the next morning to find out that the assignment wasn't due until FRIDAY (and remember it was only tuesday)!!!
If that wasn't enough...
Tayler came home from school that day and literally within 10 minutes of being home FOUND the original homework packet which had fallen behind the computer.
Seriously I couldn't believe it.
this is one assignment that deserves an A!
just one more reason we were ready for a three day weekend!
If that wasn't enough...
Tayler came home from school that day and literally within 10 minutes of being home FOUND the original homework packet which had fallen behind the computer.
Seriously I couldn't believe it.
this is one assignment that deserves an A!
just one more reason we were ready for a three day weekend!
1 comment:
oh my goodness Lyndsi! What a story! All of you deserve a month off from homework! What a good mommy you are.
Post a Comment