Tuesday, February 14, 2012

happy valentines day!

Seriously what's not to love about Valentines Day! We've had hearts hanging from our kitchen since mid January! We were in need of a reason to celebrate this morning, something to distract us from all of the sickness we've been dealin with! (twice to the doctor yesterday, twice today, not sure how many times last week... we've been hit hard by ear infections and strep throat!) So this morning we just slowed it down a bit, instead of the rush rush out the door kinda mornings we're used to, we were able to soak in the love by enjoying a sit down breakfast, love notes, and little V-day surprises!
I am so grateful for all of my little Valentines! Tays, KK, Rexy, Ben, and Drew! I feel so blessed to be their mother and for this fun day where I can just shower them in love, and I'm especially grateful for their daddy. my favorite Valentine of all!
Happy Valentines Day!






The girls had to wear their uniforms today, but were allowed to accessorize in pink or red. Tays went for the pink cardigan, KK on the other hand saw this for the perfect opportunity to wear bright red lipstick to school! Ben was alittle dissappointed because he had Reese's Peanut Butter cups packed to hand out to his friends, but what he really wanted to hand out were turkey rolls, even up until the bus came to pick him up he was still asking to pass out turkey rolls to his preschool class! (wonder what his teachers would have thought of that). The girls informed me yesterday that they were both officially asked by boys in their grade to be their Valentine! (i'm not sure what that all entails) I asked them what the boys were like, Tays told me her Valentine is Rex's height and is not quite even up to her shoulders. cute, huh?! KK told me her Valentine asked her every possible question about chocolate to make sure he got just the right kind.

4 comments:

Dusty said...

sweet post Lynsi! Sorry to hear you guys have been so sick. That is never fun. Jaiden got KK's letter yesterday. She needs to give her a ring to say thanks. That was really thoughtful. As soon as I saw the pic of KK I was thinking she had lipstick on. That girl! Happy Valentines day to all of you. You are such a great mom. Love you!

Steph Weaver said...

Seriously, those girls are growing up so quick! They are darling (the boy's too)!

Sounds like our house with the strep. This makes the 4th month in a row that all 3 of them have had it. I think someone needs their tonsils out! Hope you are all feeling better!

Happy Valentine's Day! Love and miss you guy's!

White Family said...

So sweet! Little Drew is looking so grown up. The girls and their Valentines remind me of you when you when you were in elementary school, Lyns. Hope all that lovin' will result in everybody being healthier! Sounds like those Utah winter germs are brutal!

Steoffrey said...

I hope KK got the right kind of chocolate, if not- that little boys heart may have been broken. I know how she feels about chocolate...