Wednesday, October 5, 2011

warming up to the cold

this morning I bundled the boys up for a walk around the block. It's the coldest it's been here yet, 60 ish.   I know that's not too bad, but tomorrow we're in for 40's with snow! I knew the cold was coming, but it seriously happened over night!
With our five kids not owning much more than swimsuits and flipflops, I've been doing some serious (neccessary) shopping. coats, boots, sweaters! Glad I did... looks like we're going to need them sooner than I thought!
So I got Drew and Ben out the door, ready to stroll the neighborhood. I tried to get Rex to come out of the house, but he refused and I mean completely refused! Turns out he's terrified of the cold! He finally came outside  with his huge snow coat on with about 4 layers underneath! I think it was the combination of cold + wind+clouds that made him nervous. You can tell he's been hanging around KK, who has never been a fan of wind, rain, snow, or ANY kind of weather conditions! He finally agreed to walk around the block once, but he literally held my hand the entire time fighting back tears! Poor boy!

rex was not up for pictures, but did look cute in his big ole snow coat!!!

4 comments:

White Family said...

Poor little desert munchkins will have to trade in the flip-flops for Uggs.

Jacque said...

oh my goodness, so sweet.

i was wondering how kk would do with the utah weather! and now rex! i'm sure they'll both grow to love it in time. drew looks so cute in his bear outfit.

miss you!
(i think i always end my comments with that!)

Heather Jeppsen said...

So did you survive the first snow? We didn't get any at our house (that's the plus of living away from the mountains and that's what I prefer), but the mountains were covered. Your poor kids. Wait till we get a bad storm. I don't like it either. I never go out if I don't have to. Good luck this winter. Wait till it gets 5 degrees out. It's awful. I get all my kids snow pants at Target. Boots at Lands End. I finally broke down after years a few years ago and bought me a huge long down coat. I don't know why I waited so long. It's the best thing. And I finally bought me boots last year. Sports Authority for those and they are fabulous and I don't know why it took me 9 years to get those.

I still wore my flip flops the other day when it snowed. I hate giving those up, but will have to soon.

Ashley said...

Boy, you all are in for a long winter I'm afraid if they are feeling this in 60 degree weather:) Maybe you should just move back to AZ! I am sure they will all grow to love it. Ainsley is sad not to see Rex in the picture. Tell him "hi" from her.

We miss you all!