Friday, September 30, 2011

lately...

Today I sat in the doctors office as we waited to get everyone their flu shots.  I looked down the row of seats which seated tayler. then kk. then rex. then ben. and then drew in my arms. I thought to myself, holy cow, that's alot of kids!  Then a new mom walked in with a brand NEW baby. I mean brand new, like a couple days old. awe. she was precious! Really how did Drew get so big so fast! I felt myself craving that new baby stage! I LOVE new babies! Everything about a new baby is absolutely perfect! Don't worry, I'm not pregnant, or don't plan to be anytime soon, it's just that it's been sinking in lately that the new baby stage is just about behind us! (kinda sad) A whole new stage of life to look forward to.
My sister told me the other night that our cousin, that I don't see very often, asked if I was pregnant yet. She told him that I wasn't, and  that I had just had a baby 6 months ago. He then replied, yeah I know, so is she pregnant again? isn't it about that time?  He said he didn't remember the last time he had seen me not pregnant! I laughed. Let's be honest I'm sure there may have been a time or two where it just looked like I was pregnant! But that's how it goes!
I just feel so grateful to have the family that I have, and to be a mother! I love these kids of mine!
Each day, week, month, seems to zip by just a little faster!
I can hardly stand it, please slow down already!
So here's a catch up of the latest at the Wilson house...
Let's start with Tays and her desire ( or should I say obsession) for an Ipad! This is what hangs on her bedroom wall. It reads " I want an Ipad so bad" Tays is completely motivated to do whatever it takes to earn that Ipad she's been so badly wanting! Once she realized that an Ipad just wasn't in the cards for a Christmas present, she decided to put matter into her own hands! You go girl! She's willing to  mow lawns, shovel snow, even sell her Ipod touch. She shops daily online looking for the best deal she can find. She has made it clear though, that the plain ole ipad just won't do, but the ipad 2 is where it's at!  ms. techy! Tonight as I was tucking her in the last thing she asked was if she could plan a neighborhood car wash to earn money tomorrow.
 I have no doubt she'll meet her goal!

Moving on to KK.
She recently got her ears pierced and was just able to change out her earrings! Oh boy has that brought some serious excitement! As you can tell from her school picture, the bigger the earrings the better! She left for school that morning with some of my big ole earrings, I didn't seem to notice but got a good laugh when her pictures came home. She usually starts with my earrings and then moves into the makeup. She particularly likes the mascara...I told her less is more in the makeup department.... especially in 3rd grade!

( i don't have ben's preschool pictures back yet, but can't wait to see them. ben is still trying to figure out smiling for the camera, and in attempt usually just opens his eyes really big, it's pretty funny!)

Then there are the boys! Each day I have two mornings. I get up and get the girls and Keith out the door, and then the boys wake up and we start over again until it's time for them to get out the door. That's when the bus picks up ben. yes, the bus comes right to our doorstep to pick him up. I felt uneasy about it at first, I mean he's THREE! Something about waving off your three year old on a big bus just doesn't feel right. But I have to say it's kinda turned out to be one of my favorite times of day. I keep telling Keith he needs to come home from work just to see it. Ben gets so excited, he doesn't even let me walk him up to the bus anymore, he makes me wave him off from the front door. When the bus arrives he says "you stay here" and he points to right where I'll be standing. He then runs up with his little ( or should I say big) backpack feeling all grown up and proud and struts right on in. He then waves rex and I off from his window seat. Rex usually chases him down the street yelling goodbye. It's a pretty grandiose goodbye each morning! I'm pretty sure it's the cutest thing I've ever seen!

I usually don't let the boys throw the pillows off the couch and jump on them, but this week for some reason it just seemed necessary. As you can tell Drew is becoming one of the boys more and more each day!

 Turns out our stairrail makes a better car ramp! It kept them busy all morning one day last week, and it's still up and running. They want to leave it up until their cousins Henry and Wes come visit next weekend!

8 comments:

Blondie Blues said...

You took the words right out of my mouth! I loved this post so much & can relate more than you know! I almost started crying reading it. I seriously love the person, mother, wife, example you are!!! I am having a hard time thinking babies are done...it's not easy! I am coming over this week! CUTE. GOOD. Kids!

Grapefruit said...

I so relate to your feelings in this post. I love it too, and it DOES go by so fast!

I'm dying over Tayler's list of possible money earnings. Shoveling snow? $100 from a lemonade/bracelet sale? Maybe I should have a lemonade sale! She looks beautiful, BTW, in her school photo. So grown up. And so much like you.

Matt was just standing here and saw the picture of the Langs below. He said, "Who's that guy, her brother?" I said, "no, her bro-in-law...can't you tell that's her sister?" He thought it was you. You guys look so much the same!

Miss you!

Bryan said...

We love the updates. Your family is growing up so fast. The girls are so grown up and SO pretty! Hope you are loving Utah!

Jacque said...

oh, lyns! i've been having the same feelings about that new baby stage! avery is only 3 months old and i already find myself thinking of yet another new one... which jason thinks i'm crazy for thinking!!

your kiddos are so funny and unique and adorable. love that drew is getting right into the boy action.

miss you!!!

Chelsea said...

that is a lot of kids! But so fitting for you! You're an awesome mom. Love the updates, and I laughed out loud about KK's chandelier earrings and makeup in 3rd grade!!! she is hilarious.

Tyler and Kelly White said...

Tays list is so funny!! She may need to do a hot cocoa stand instead of lemonade... I wish we had an Ipad to for her. Hope you guys have fun with the Barneys this weekend! Missing you

Tyler and Kelly White said...

I meant an ipad two... haha not to

Ashley said...

They grow up way too fast. Too funny about the ipad 2! Your kids are just too cute.