Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Just in case you're like me and easily get into a rut of making the same dinners over and over...

This week I needed to mix it up and

found this recipe. It was a keeper. (almost) all of my kids loved it.

( Thanks Jenna Lee, this is your recipe from Collection of Favorites.)

Thought I'd share.

Honey Lime Chicken Enchiladas

marinade:

6 T. honey

5 T. lime juice

1 T. chili powder

1/2 tsp. garlic powder

4 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded

1 lb. Monterey Jack cheese, shredded

16 oz. green enchilada sauce

1 c. heavy cream

10 flour tortillas

mix marinade ingredients together. Toss with shredded chicken at least one hour. (or put in ziploc and refrigerate all day.) Pour 1/2 enchilada sauce in bottom of 9x13 pan. Fill tortillas with chicken and cheese.

Mix remaining enchilada sauce with the cream and pour on top.

Sprinkle with cheese. Bake at 350 degrees for 3o minutes.

I loved the sweetness of the honey and lime!

7 comments:

Blondie Blues said...

that is one of my favs! Did your friend get it out of "Keepin Up Cookbook"? How are you by the way? Baby...so soon, YAY! I have been the worst with leaving comments, but LOVE keepin up on you guys! Most darling girl (you are) & family (you have) as usual! hope all is well, & I can't wait to hear about this baby!!

Steoffrey said...

My mouth is watering. You're lucky you don't live closer or the Langs would be "stopping by" conveniently around dinner time every night. I'm making these ASAP!

Jenna Lee said...

That is by far Kevin's favorite meal that I make...and I love it as well!! And now my mouth is watering as well because I know how yummy it is!!

melissa walker said...

That looks delicious! Or should I say delicioso? We are going to try it this week! I am always looking for something new and easy to make!

Lisa said...

I think I have seen this recipie before and I have always wanted to try it. NOw I really will have too! Good luck with all of the baby stuff!

ashtrost said...

Thanks for the recipe. I'm going to make it on Sunday. We're getting bored here with my recipes.

sbk said...

Those look amazing, I'm going to have to try that recipe. Thanks Lyns!