When Tayler was baptized she picked out her special baptism dress. I remember this leading to serious drama surrounding the issue of sharing "the" dress! Tayler has always been pretty generous about sharing her clothes/dresses with her little sister KK...but she stood firm on the idea that her baptism dress was special and ALL hers!!!!! I remember every Sunday, KK begging to wear Tayler's baptism dress to church, even months after the baptism. (I'm sure the fact that the dress was off limits made her only want to wear it that much more).
Anyway, I remember plenty of arguments surrounding this issue.... I kindof sat in the middle seeing both sides. I would find myself asking Tayler what the big deal was, just let her wear the dress already! ...then I would see Tayler's point of view and tell KK to forget about it, she would have her own baptism dress soon enough! After calling one of my sisters to get a second opinion I stuck with the decision of letting Tayler make the call...KK never did end up wearing Tayler's dress to church.
Well, somehow KK's time to be baptized is already approaching and it's finally her turn to pick out her very OWN special dress! The past couple of days KK and I have been entertained by looking around online to find the perfect dress. Sure we still have a couple months left before her big day, ( ok like 5) but already having a dress will be one less thing to worry about after the baby.
We came across this dress and she LoVed it. We still need to find a cardigan to go along with it...


6 comments:
Sisters are awesome, aren't they?? I'm with you, I think they will end up being best friends.....maybe even share shoes someday!
Besides their weddings, when else will they get their own special dresses!?
Can't wait to take some baptism pics of KK in that adorable get up. Wait.. I can take some baptism pictures right!?
Seriously, those shoes with that dress? Perfection! Paige and I are starting the same search. Can't believe they are almost 8. (Sniffle. Sniffle...)
Hi! I found your blog through some other blog, etc. etc. and really enjoy reading it!
Anyways, I was wondering if you could tell me where you found that dress.....it is sooooo cute! My sister is getting married in September and I need to find a dress for my 10 year old and this struck me as perfect. If you could let me know at csfish@roadrunner.com I'd really appreciate it. Thanks - Stacey
a-dor-able!
can't wait to see what she ends up choosing.
I loved doing this with marley! I do recommend simple shoes, marleys feet hurt and it made it a little hard on her. We were both wishing she had different shoes. Good luck! Crewcuts is the best.
Post a Comment