Thursday, March 4, 2010

This is the girls room. They call this wall of artwork their "wall of fame". Tonight KK was adding to the wall. You can ALWAYS tell KK's pictures because they almost always have to do with recycling, saving the earth, or nature. Last year in kindergarten Kinley came home from school one day after they had learned all about recycling and helping take care of the earth, I think it must have been Earth Day. It was then that she decided that it was going to be her mission to help our family go green!
Here's just a few examples...
At least once a week she makes sure to remind me to take at least two minutes off my shower, the other night in her prayers she prayed, "please help us to choose the right and recycle". She starts to panic when Tayler fills up the tub because she always uses too much water. I never have to tell Rex to turn off the water while brushing his teeth...KK is all over it, she is the one that always takes out the recycling garbage can, the other day we were washing the car and she was in tears because she thought too much water was being wasted, it bothers her that the refrigerator is always running, it was painful for her to know that our Christmas lights were on at Christmas time, she is constantly going around the house and turning off lights, you get the idea! Thank you KK for "helping make the world a better place!"


11 comments:

Steph Weaver said...

Thanks for the recipes. Do you remember if this is the soup you brought me when I came home from the hospital? It was SO yummy!

Steph Weaver said...

I commented on wrong post, can you tell it is almost midnight?

Mike was telling me about KK and the water the other day. Man, I love that girl!

jill s said...

I love this!

Sage is the same way...

She would pick up every last piece of trash in every parking lot if I'd let her!

And she calls her wall where we hang up her art her museum.

Sounds like they are a lot alike!! :)

Steph Weaver said...

I realize this is my 3rd post (sorry), but I was thinking "why doesn't she sell these"? I would buy one. I could use the reminder. She is quite the little entrepreneuer. This might be her money maker...think of all that squishy money!

Kelsi said...

Oh my gosh cutest thing ever! What a great thing to be passionate about! I need to be more like her!

Tyler and Kelly White said...

That's so great! I need to get my school recycling!

regina said...

i read that post to my kids... maybe kk can come to our house to teach us about how to recycle and use less water. scott would love that one... hey, better yet, when we get back we will have a fhe lesson and kk can be our teacher! i'm writing it on our calendar, the first monday after june 2nd!

Brett and Lisa said...

that is so cute! I was the same way in 2nd grade. It is amazing how much kids take in! I still have a hard time seeing water run!

The Kerby Clan said...

send her over to my house. We can have a presentation and she can lecture my children :) they actually lose 'chips' for leaving lights on, water running, etc. Even Tom gets scolded for throwing away plastic! will they ever learn????

White Family said...

KK has many and varied ways to make the world a better place!

Dawn said...

KK is one of a kind! Her comments are priceless. Thanks for sharing!