Keith and I just got home from our very much anticipated trip to Kauai! We lived our five days there to the fullest and did as much as we possible could from sun up to sun down each day! We had an absolute blast together and loved every minute! There couldn't have been a better place to go. It was absolutely beautiful, outdoorsy, and had everything we were looking for the perfect get away!
When we first arrived we spent the afternoon walking down Lydgate Beach park. The sun was coming down and the views were amazing!
This day was our most adventurous for sure! There's a reason I'm wearing Keith's hat... We found a hike we wanted to attempt that was supposed to take us to an incredible lookout point. We realized the hike wasn't marked like it was in our book, but thought we'd go for it anyways. After bushwacking through the jungle for a long while I started to get worried we'd never find our way out of there. Not long after that we came across a bees nest and I was attacked by bees. We put on bug repellent so luckily the bees only stung my head. ( the only place we had not put the repellent.) Once keith swatted the bees from my head we were on our way... until we realized that we couldnt' get through the jungle any other way unless we turned back around and passed the bees again!!! Keith had a plan... he had me put on his hat and go first once the bees were mostly in their nest and then he ran up behind me. Since he was in back he got stung that time, I think he felt better about it though, once he had been stung as well! We were in it together! After we had escaped the bees and we found our way out of the jungle and onto the right path we were all good! We made it to our lookout with our scratched up legs and stinging heads... I think it made it that much more worth it in the end! Quite the hike!
This is the Bed and Breakfast we stayed in for the first couple nights! AMAZING!
Our room was the cottage room that was all on it's own, we couldn't have stayed at a more beautiful, romantic place! If after reading this your convinced you need a trip to Kauai, this is no doubt the place to stay!

We woke up each morning to the most wonderful Hawaiian inspired breakfasts! My favorite was the banana coconut french toast with Macadamia nut syrup and fresh guava!
These are the other couples we'd dine with in the mornings that were staying there as well.
These are the other couples we'd dine with in the mornings that were staying there as well.


Every morning but one we woke up as the sun was rising and hiked to the top of "Sleeping Giant". Thanks to Peter, the local that showed us to the top, we were able to enjoy this view in the mornings!
We spent half a day on the Napali Coast Line. There is two mile hike all along the coastline that takes you to a little beach.
It doesn't get anymore incredible than Queens Bath! Basically a natural pool right in the middle of the ocean! Luckily the waves were under control and we were able to stop and swim a while!Here's Keith overlooking before we went for our swim!

There is an awesome biking trail all the way along the coastline and I was so excited the entire time about renting bikes. Anyway by the time we got there to rent bikes the last morning there was only two bikes available. One was a bright red cruiser and the other was a banana seat child's size low rider. Anyway, I figured Keith would take the beach cruiser since I was pretty sure there was no way he was fitting on the kids low rider. Well, he knew how excited I had been to rent the beach cruisers and decided he was going to be the one who rode "Hero" Yes, somewhere along the trail the bike received the name "Hero". I'm pretty sure I almost fell off my bike about three times from laughing so hard as Keith kept speeding right by me on "Hero"! He ended up becoming quite attached!





We thought our kids would love this picture! One morning one of the trails we took was covered in FrOgs!

This was the last day before we came home.. Keith was on the phone with the kids in this picture.Five days was the perfect amount of time, we had an amazing trip... but we were ready to get home to our kiddos! Thanks to grammy for staying at our house and taking such good care of everyone! We love you Grammy!
AND kEITH...Thanks for being the most fun, adventurous, outdoorsy husband ever!
LoVe you!
Best trip ever!







19 comments:
Wow! I'm sold! Now I just have to ptich the sale to Kevin:)
Your post makes me want to hop on a plane and head right over to Kauai. The HERO shots were priceless! Thanks for letting me enjoy your precious kiddos while you were gone! They were awesome, although they missed you.
Wow, it looks so pretty! All those beautiful views! I MIGHT...MIGHT...be convinced after this post.
Well...maybe not...
:)
oh man, I'm jealous, looks like you guys had a blast! I especially love your bike, when I went to BYUH I had a pink bike cruiser that I rode to school, very fun.
Looks like PAraDise for SURE! Kauai is our favorite get away of all time. We hope to get there again in the next 5 years. SOOOO glad you two had so much fun and re-created your honeymoon...with hopefully a bun in the oven...? just kidding! Love ya!
So glad you guy's could get away! We might have to follow your foot steps and head over to Hawaii. It looks amazing! I love all the pic's, but especially love Keith in the snorkel gear and the Hero pics!
oh my! That looks SO fun! What an aweseom trip to take together! I want to go there with Brett so badly! Maybe for our ten year! So gald you guys had fun!
I am so jealous! Keith looks like the hero on that bike! You guys are great and deserve an awesome vacation!
Wow you're trip looks amazing!! How fun for you guys!
Keith is so sweet for getting stung! What a story! Super jealous, can't wait to hear about it in a few weeks.
It looks like HEAVEN! Im so glad you guys got to get away and have a nice relaxing time!Ryan especially loves that you guys sported your PING hats:)
looks like such an amazing time! gorgeous (and hysterical) pictures!
Sounds and looks like an amazing trip! You are such a beautiful couple!
That looks like SUCH a FUN trip! So glad you had a great time.
I can't believe those photo's, just gorgeous! You are such a trooper, I can't believe after being stung and scratched up you still went to find that beautiful view!
I LOVE this post! What an amazing trip. Brandon and I were just talking the other day about going to Kauai next year. I'm calling you for the itinerary. I love how adventurous you guys are. I can't believe you got stung by bees on your head, ouch!! Loved all the pictures. See you next week!!
Oh Lynsi, I just now had to to read this post and it sounds AMAZING!!! It makes me dream of the day that we get a trip, now maybe to Kaui. The pictures are great and I am so glad you enjoyed yourselves so much. So awesome!
I am so Happy that you and Keith got away, those are the Best. Looked liked you guys had alot of fun.
Jeremy and I have our 10 year coming up next December and we have already looked into plane tickets and hotels for Kauai! I really hope it happens but we shall see....
You guys are adorable and oh so outdoorsy! we could learn a lot from you ;) Happy 10.
Post a Comment