Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Doesn't it seem like HaLlOwEeN seems to make it's way on all the shelves earlier and earlier every year! I mean we are not even half way through September yet and every store I've been to in the past week has been stocked with Halloween costumes, decorations, and all sorts of Halloween treats! Well, somehow we got sucked in today and found ourselves painting Halloween masks... I'm sure we'll be making Halloween CoOkIeS by the end of the week! We officially have six weeks until Halloween, I'm pretty sure we'll all be Halloweened out by then, but for now we're loving it!


While they were hard at work they discussed their costumes...
Rex said he wants to be a "walking pumpkin"
Kinley wants to be "Charpay (from HSM) so she can wear a big fancy dress, high heels, mascara, and red lipstick."
It's a toss up for Tayler. SHe wants to be Kate Wetherall from The Benedict Society, her favorite book. (I'm pretty sure not many will have a clue who that is, but she's ok with that.) But, she's torn... she also wants to be Hermione from Harry Potter, again. I guess she's got plenty of time to decide!

12 comments:

Nancy said...

I LOVE Halloween so I say the longer the season, the better, I've only not put my decorations up yet because my husband would think I was crazy, and because I'm not exactly sure where they are after the move...

Unknown said...

We painted those same masks today! I love Halloween! Brooklyn is still set on being lady gaga & now Mylee really wants to be lady gaga too! She says "Me, gaga, please!"

Unknown said...

This is emily

Brown Sugar said...

This is Shanna's friend and I LOVE Kate the Great and her amazing weather machine! Great book!

Jenna Lee said...

So funny...I was just asking Kevin last night if I can put our halloween decorations out...he informed me it was too early but I still think I am going to have them out in the next week..there is just something about the seasons changing that makes me want to start decorating!! And I can't wait tell Brax is old enough to start doing fun projects like that!!

Becca and fam said...

Darling masks! Halloween is so much fun!

Grapefruit said...

Oh no! I just bought those for our Halloween party. Oh well...I guess your kids can have two!

(And you give ME a hard time about getting excited for Christmas...)

Steoffrey said...

I love that Tayler always dresses like things that goes over peoples heads. Chronicles of Narnia girl? Now this? That girl is too intellectual for her own good!

Tyler and Kelly White said...

Ha ha I read "kevins" comment and was like ummm he can't be serious! I am excited too!!! I keep bugging ty about costumes, it's going to be good what ever we come up with. Good luck tayler! My sister reads the same books and she is trying to figure our which amazing girl to be. Life is so hard.

The Neilson Times said...

How fun! I love the mask and the costume choices. I am ready to start decorating for Halloween, I just wish it felt a bit more like fall:) I always feel so halloweened out by the time it gets here!

sbk said...

How fun!! Tell Tayler thanks for the sweet note!

Chelsea said...

How appropriate, we decorated for Halloween today! I LOVE Halloween! I couldn't wait any longer, besides only 1.5 weeks till October.