Monday, February 25, 2008

Wahoo! "Me TImE!"

MORE than anything I LoVe that I am able to be at home with my kids , I love ALL the moments , EvEn the crazy ones!!!
...but I have to say sometimes it's just a bit refreshing to have a little time to myself doing something I enjoy KiDFREE.
Keith was happy to stay with the kids on Saturday and let me sneak out for a while to hike up North Mountain. At first he mentioned I might want to pack Rex up in the hiker for a better workout, but I filled him in that it was partly for a good workout, but MoRe just for my ENJOYMENT!!
I had such a fabulous time! Just me, some good tunes in the I-Pod, and the mountain! I came home on a complete HIGH and felt like a new woman!!
During the week, when I walk around the neighborhood with Rex in the jogger I'm so used to having to stop every 5 minutes or so to try to distract him with treats and snacks, books, toys, anything from the street... rocks, flowers, MORE snacks, whatever works to get him through a stroll... I loved that I could just soak up the HIKE!!!
Here's to alittle"ME time" and North MOuntain! Thanks KEith!!!
Oh and HiKerS are always quite the friendly folk! Being rather LARGE at this point I got lots of words of encouragement, friendly smiles, and way to go's! That made me feel even better!
I would think people would know better but here are just a few comments I've received in the past few days:
Stranger: Are you due this week?
ME: ummm No
Stranger: you must just have a couple weeks left?
Me: Well, actually a couple months!!!


Stranger: (yelling across the parking lot) Do you have TWInS in there???


Stranger: You look like you are going to POP!

Don't people know better?
O'WELL
At least the HIkers were nice!

15 comments:

Stacie said...

I think my favorite stranger comment Mom told me about was, "Well that looks like a March baby."

ashtrost said...

Ya I'll do anything to get some free time from my kiddos right now. You are ambitious. I admire you.

JFiggs said...

Good for you! I feel guilty reading this because in my "free" time I like to go shop or get a pedicure or a girls lunch! what a woman you are!! Really. Stranger comments are the worst...I cant believe people actually ask if there are twins, thats the ultimate IDIOT! Some people just have no tact.

Chelsea said...

Ooops that was me. I guess I was logged in as Jer.

The Neilson Times said...

You are amazing! I feel very lazy knowing that is what you did for some "ME TIME". I am so happy you did that and I can imagine how you felt when you went home. I am so mad at all those people and their rude comments, I am sure you looked adorable, big belly and all. Let's get together soon if things are not to crazy, send me your # in an email.

Brooklyn said...

You go girl~! Your so inspiring. I love nothing more then listening to my Ipod and doing something too. Your so great :)

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! NO, people do not know better. Just like Brad says, cool people are definatley out-numbered. What is wrong with people??

Blondie Blues said...

I know that feeling, LOVE that feeling, and wish I felt it more. It gets me so excited to go out on a RUN in a couple of months and just use my body any way I want too. Pregnacy is amazing and an awesome experience but man how I miss being in charge of my body. Two weeks for me Lyns and than you'll be on the count down. Love Ya, Deb

fREnCh TrOSt said...

You're amazing to go on a hike! Don't worry..I got all of those exact same comments both times I was prego. You look great. I can't wait until it warms up here so I can have some "Me TiMe" too!

Steph Weaver said...

Good for you, I am impressed you are still hiking!

Steph Weaver said...

Good for you, I am impressed you are still hiking!

Mary and Ryan said...

The biggest hike I take is up the stairs and that puts me out of breath! I am impressed!
Im coming up to Phx to have the baby. Im having Mccernan deliver him.

Brett and Lisa said...

OK - you are super woman that you hiked!! My parents were saying that you still walk aroun in 4 inch heels, too! I can't even walk in those not prego! Way to go, girl!

Jacque said...

you are super woman! i'd never be able to hike north mountain 7 mos. pregnant! and what's up w/ people's crazy comments? at least you don't take any of it too seriously. i admire your easy going personality.

Swirls of Happy said...

You make me want to get out there and go hiking lady!!! You are seriously awsome :) WHat a great Saturday, how refreshing!!! Don't you just hate when strangers have to comment all the time?! I hated that when I was prego!