
Many asked how the skiing went with the kids... unfortunately the big smiles in these pictures didn't quite last.For the first two days in Salt Lake we got the girls all outfitted with goggles, bibs, gloves, skis, coats, boots, etc. etc. They look pretty excited here in these pictures the night before as Keith was helping them try on boots and get all ready. Well, it happened to be a really cold day and I don't think the girls knew just how cold snow was. Everything from staying bundled in those big puffy ski coats, to walking awkwardly in ski boots, to the freezing cold, to being left at ski lessons. It just wasn't what the girls thought it would be.
They did last through their class, but were more than ready to call it a day after that! I asked KK how her day went and she said "Mom, I cried the whole time" and Tayler said " I don't like snow." At least they gave it a shot, maybe next year! For now we'll stick with sledding!
Someday I'm sure we will have lots of fun family skiing memories together!

5 comments:
Hey I found your blog through Ashley's list. Your family is so cute and your girls have so much personality it cracks me up. Not that it matters.. but Kevin's friends that saw you at the party said that you were one of the prettiest girls they have ever seen, even being prego. Just thought that would make you feel good:)
The girls look so cute all decked out in their ski gear! It was fun to see you guys!
cute pictures, and i wouldve cried all day too. its no fun when you are freezing! at least its a memory they wont forget.
That's too funny, hopefully they'll like it more when they are a bit older. It was so fun to see you at the baptism!
It was probably because it was SOOO cold that day--Paul didn't think the kids would want to stay, but what can I say--they're used to Chicago winters. A December day in Utah is balmy in comparison! They sure look cute in their gear though!
Post a Comment