Still pretty behind on our blog, slowly but surely I'll eventually get "caught up". I was looking back at pictures over the past several months and saw this picture of Drew and KK, just made me think how much I love the small and simple things that happen around our house that I typically don't take the time to document. I love witnessing sweet and simple moments like this... just a big sister eager to help her little brother paint rocks, and i'm pretty sure she ended up enjoying the painting just as much as he did. I just kinda sat back and watched ( Im sure with a smile on my face) The best feeling as a parent is seeing your kids care for, love, and take care of each other.
The things that mean the most are always the little things- a few that I can recall lately: watching Rex offer Drew a piggy back ride when he was tired of walking, a random family dance party in the car, hearing the girls compliment each other, Keith and Rex reading on a nightly basis and Rex asking for just 1 more chapter, having Ben offer to help Drew say a prayer with his arms wrapped around him as he whispered what to say in his ear, watching the boys giggle their heads off about something silly, Kinley tucking in Drew for the night, Tays and KK laying blankets on the grass together and reading for hours, Keith making cinnamon rolls for us all ( even when he's not eating desserts himself) .... these are the moments I love and cherish the most, where lots of love is shown! Its such a blessing to see our kids relationships grow and to see them be siblings and friends! This stage of life is sure flying by, wish I could just slow it down just a bit!
No comments:
Post a Comment