Sunday, June 14, 2015

Early Spring Planting

Keeping up with the blog has unfortunatey gone down hill for me... but since this is more or less our family scrapbook I'm determined to get caught up and keep it going!  Here we are currently in June and have just a few days left of the school year (yay!!!)... but I'm going back to the start of the year to get all caught up on my documenting...  It's safe to say that we are literally in the stage of our lives that seem to fly by at lightening speed! I blink and another school year passes by! I have to remind myself often to enjoy every moment because it truly is just going wayyyy too quickly!

OK. So back to the start of the year... We had an amazing winter, I'm talking about 60 degree days in January and February, which is fine and dandy by me! I guess it was the warm weather that got us excited about jumping into garden mode early : ) We spent a warm February day getting the garden all ready, KK and Drew helped me plant lettuce, spinach, swiss chard, and peas. For me this is as good as it gets. simple days outside with my kids : )  Now that its June, we are happily enjoying the fruit of our labor and have enough greens for salads and green smoothies Every.Single. Day. with plenty to spare!

No comments: