I can hardly believe in just a matter of months BOTH of my girls will be in Young Womens! ( which makes it even more fun to serve in YW, even though I'm with the Laurels) We celebrated New Beginnings in February, where Kinley was introduced into the Young Womens Program. (she will become official come May!) Since New Beginnings, every single night when I tuck her in, she has me recite the Young Womens Theme with her. She still has two more months before she is officially in YW, but she already has the theme memorized! I love it! It has also helped me learn the new parts of the theme I kept continuing to stumble over. I can't wait for this girl to move up and out of Primary- she is most definitely ready! Tayler has been the best example of helping Kinley get excited about Personal Progress. She's been so organized and self motivated! At the beginning of the month Tayler did a project where she made the meal plan for two weeks, helped grocery shop, prepare meals, and learned all she could about cooking. It was fun for Tays to make the meal plans although I had to guide her just a little bit... if I had left it up to her completely she would have planned meals that included mashed potatoes for dinner with sides of mac and cheese and cheesy rice : ) That would definitely not make for a very colorful, or nutritious dinner- I told her she may have to wait for her birthday dinner for that one.
Keith taught Tays to make chicken stock and home made pizza dough. I taught her to make several types of cookies, and enchiladas. It was fun for all of us!
Last month in Young Womens there was time at the end of the lesson for the girls to bear their testimonies. Tayler bore her testimony on personal progress and how it strenghens her testimony. She shared that one of her personal progress goals was to notice the good in others and to make an extra effort to share that with them and to compliment those around her. She said this project was supposed to be for two weeks, but by the time the two weeks was over it had just become habit and just continued on... I'm grateful that my girls have each other and that they can be involved in good things like this that will help them be strong in the gospel and good examples to those around them.
No comments:
Post a Comment