Yesterday we made our way to a Christmas tree farm in Stanwood that we had never been to before, mostly we heard it had just snowed there and that enough was pretty exciting and had us wanting to go!! Like we have in the past, we came home with an enormous tree that we had a hard time figuring out how to keep standing, I swear it always looks smaller there surrounded by all those other trees! It required Keith to bust out his handy dandy chain saw and narrow down the trunk just to get it to fit into our tree stand, but we got it up and I have to say it's probably my favorite tree we've ever had! Finding a Christmas tree is for sure one of my favorite traditions, but I have to say, its pretty much hard work for Keith... sawing down the tree, hauling it to the car, getting it all tied down, and in the freezing cold nonetheless! I'm grateful for Keith and that he just lets us all go along for the ride and point to the tree we want while he makes it all happen : )
I just love this time of year! The night of Thanksgiving, after our guests had left, ( which was our first time to host Thanksgiving by the way) the girls and I stayed up late, and instead of finishing up Thanksgiving dishes, we brought out all the Christmas decorations and decorated until after 1:00 am! It was so fun, I absolutely love having daughters who thought it was as fun as I did! We had Christmas music blaring and we were in absolute heaven welcoming in the Christmas season in the wee hours of the night! Thanksgiving was fun and all, but Christmas is pretty hard to compete with and just plain magical, especially when you've got a house full of kids!
No comments:
Post a Comment