Sunday, March 9, 2014

Last night Rex and Ben wanted to sleep in KK's room. It was a Friday night and KK was exhausted from a night of dance classes, but was all about welcoming her little brothers to snuggle in for a slumber party. When I went downstairs to see if they had fallen asleep yet I stood by the door and listened for a few minutes before I walked in. What I heard pretty much melted my heart! First, KK had made sure rex and ben were comfortable and cozy, being the little mother that she is... and then she says good night Rex. love you.
good night Ben. I love you.
 
Then Ben says, in his little scratchy voice, goodnight KK. I love you.
Goodnight Rex, I love you.
 
Then Rex....
Goodnight KK love ya.
Goodnight Ben. love ya.
 
 
I love little moments like these! Five kids is BUSY and some days it feels like I can hardly catch my breath... but its moments like these when I realize just how much love they feel for each other and I remember just how lucky I am! Lucky to be a mother to these five, and lucky to have Keith by my side! Being a mom is pretty amazing! I love this family of mine so much!
 
 

4 comments:

Grapefruit said...

So sweet! KK has always been such a caring big sister to those boys!

Jacque said...

what an adorable story!

Stacie said...

what are you trying to do!? make me cry!? well it worked.

Ashley said...

So cute! I just love seeing these cute kids of yours!