doing a little blog catch up.
Although we just celebrated Valentines Day, I'm going a few months back to Christmas. Literally a week before Christmas we made a last minute decision to pack our bags, open Christmas presents early, and hit the road down south to Arizona for Christmas break. I love Keith's spontaneity ( most of the time anyway) and after he had mentioned several times the idea of making a road trip, I finally decided why not.- really he was just being a sweet husband, he knew how much I would love to be with my family during the holidays!
Due to bad weather we had to make a change in our travel plans so instead of heading to Utah to make a stop for a couple of days... we went straight through California and pretty much drove for two days straight! yes, two STRAIGHT days. Looking back I'm not sure how our kids survived! They can't even hardly sit through sacrament meeting. Somehow we made it happen. I think stopping off at as many Costco's as we could find for cheap food and a place to stretch our legs and play Battleship was key. oh and Red Box! Lots of red box movies!
Arizona treated us Washingtonians well! Lots of sunshine and warm weather! We didn't waste any time while we were there, we spent every last minute soaking in time with family and friends and enjoyed every minute of it! We loved visiting Grandma Rawlins ( who turns 100 years old next month) and Grandpa Kirkland! On our way back up north we got to spend time with the Wilson side of the family in Utah too. Safe to say that between all the memories made the driving in the end was all well worth it! Good Good Times!
No comments:
Post a Comment