I love this picture! Best part of all is that Drew is the one that took it. He was throwing a fit to use my phone to take pictures after watching his brothers do it, so I let him take a few turns and this is what he got! Nice work Drew!
I just love the arm around the shoulder. These boys!
I remember after having two girls I was a little nervous about having a boy. Then I had Rex... and fell so in love with him I could hardly stand it! In an instant I quickly realized just how amazing and special having a little boy was. It seemed just right to follow up with two more little boys. Now with the three of them together life is more full of noise, endless energy, and dogpiles than I could have ever imagined, but my heart seriously beats for these little guys! They are so tight and love each other so much! They typically wrestle each other to the ground, run around playing any sport there ever was, or dance around making each other laugh to blasting music...but as soon as one of them gets hurt or one of them ends up in tears ( usually drew) the other two instantly take care of the injured one. It's incredibly sweet to see!
I love that Rex comes home from school and tells me if Ben was a trouble maker or not on the bus each day. (rex is keepin ben in line these days.) I love that tays and Kk love to help be their little mothers. I love that Rex wants to rock and read to Drew every night. I love that the few times drew has been in time out, ben gives me the stink eye and runs to his rescue ( although I don't tell ben, I kinda love this : )) I love that Drew cheers on ben for going potty, just because he assumes that's what you do. I don't really love the fact that I have to tell rex and ben 10 times to stop talking and giggling in their rooms every. single. night. but I'm sure one day thinking back on it, it will make me smile to think of their laughter together! I love that if someone asks drew what his name is, he will say drew and then say something along the lines of having brothers named Rex and Ben. I see these boys being the best of friends. forever. True, there are plenty a days I don't know how I'll ever survive raising these boys...they keep us busy, to say the least. But really I just love it, so much. I'm up for the challenge : )
I love that I get to be their mama! I couldn't imagine anything in this world that could bring more joy!
**And Tays and KK, just for the record when you read this... having girls is just as wonderful : ) That'll just have to be another post for another time! Being a mother is pretty awesome.
3 comments:
Seriously, you should frame that one. So precious!
I love the picture, and the thoughts on motherhood are well said! It truly is the best! Savor the time while you look forward to the day your little ones are having little ones. That's awesome, as well, and it happens pretty fast!
I love this post Lyns! So true. Something about little boys... it seems like all of your kids are pretty sweet and special and great friends. Clearly it is because they have such a wonderful, adoring mom.
Post a Comment