Thursday, June 13, 2013

the latest.


It's crazy to think we're coming up on ONE year of living here in Washington! Wow, It's gone so incredibly fast! I'm remembering back to last September- the night before the first day of school as I was tucking Tayler into bed, attempting to comfort her as she had tears coming down her cheeks, as she worried about starting her 6th grade year the following day at a brand new school! She was so nervous, even though I knew she'd be just fine, it still broke my heart as she thought about all of the friends she had just made and left behind in Utah. Its crazy to think that an entire school year has gone by since then! I've been so proud of all of our kids, but especially Tayler! She was the one that was most unsure about this move...although she adjusted so quickly, made wonderful new friends, and just never really ever missed a beat-once she made it through the unknown of that first day of school! One thing I love about Tays is that she is always happy! No matter what, you can always count on her to have a smile and be ready for a good time! I make her promise me all the time that she wont let that change once she becomes a teenager : )
Tays started playing volleyball this year and turns out she absolutely loves it! The hardest part of the season was after her last game when she realized the season was officially over. I see lots of volleyball games in our future!
Such a fun team!
 


 

It was sure fun to watch and cheer on this boy out on the T-ball fields a couple days a week! Between two baseball games a week for Rex and two t-ball games a week for ben I'll admit  I was alittle relieved once the season was over! You can tell by the crocs that we were kinda over it by the end....
Rex became quite the little first baseman and also loved having Keith help coach!



KK turned 10 and spent weeks, maybe months planning her party. One of her best friends here happens to have the same birthday as KK so they planned a combined party which they worked very hard to compromise and come up with plans they were both happy with. In the end they decided on a sleepover where they woke up to a crape breakfast bar and swim party! It was a success and I think it was safe to say they both had a very happy birthday!



One afternoon Keith and I were able to sneak out with drew while all the other kids were at school for a little hike. The beauty of this area still amazes me, probably always will!




KK has always had a green thumb so when she had the opportunity to take an afternoon gardening class after school she was all over it! Each week she loved to show me how well the plants were growing and would make sure I tired cilantro or something that was sprouting.




It really has started to feel like home around here, I think the fact that our remodel is almost done has helped! Here's some pictures I snapped of Keith and Tays at work in our new kitchen!








Memorial Day we spent with Kari/Eric and Nana and Grandad visiting all of the family that has passed away at the Burlington cemetery. The kids loved helping Aunt Kari make flower bouquets...






Look who officially graduated from preschool! Way to go Ben! He's pretty excited about starting at the "big school" next year will all of his siblings!



Nothing I love more than watching these three run around together each and every day! Truly the best of buds!



Here's where you can find Keith and the boys most evenings! Not only is Rex loving golf these days, but Ben has decided he's ready to join in the fun as well! I didn't realize how much patience it took taking these boys on the course until one night I decided to join them too. Their pretty lucky they've got an amazing dad, who also happens to be super patient and happy to work with them! Rex is excited for me to get my act together and get my self out there to learn some golf so I can join in too!



We're looking forward to summer which is right around the corner. Next week is our last week of school. Yay! Actually though, we have kind of already checked out. It doesn't' get dark out until 9:30, which means on a typical night that's when the kids come in, eat a second dinner, start homework, and get ready for bed...I don't think the kids have hit their pillows around here before 10:30 in weeks, so yes, we started our summer schedule a little early, oops!  We are looking forward to our AZ/CA trip and our summer visitors!!! can't wait!
 

3 comments:

Grapefruit said...

Wow, Ben's hair is so dark. I thought he was Rex at first. They've all changed and grown up so much. Such a treat to read this catch-up!

Ashley said...

So fun to catch up with you guys! Love the kitchen:) when do you come to az? Your kids are getting so big, just can't believe how fast time flies:)

Grace said...

I can't wait to see the house this summer! The pictures look great.