Friday, February 1, 2013

The sun was shining all day today and it was nearly 50 degrees (just so you know, that's warm). It would have practically been a sin to be indoors, we played outside all day, it was beautiful!!! By the time tonight rolled around, everyone was pretty worn out! I picked up Tays from basketball practice and KK from dance by 8:00 and it wasn't long after we got home and turned on a movie that everyone was having a hard time holding their eyes open! In fact, all of our kids were tucked in by 10:00, that never happens on Friday nights around here!
For some reason I have felt especially grateful this week for the blessing of being a mother! I love being a mother... I especially love being a mother to Tays, KK, Rex, Ben and Drew! Geez I love these kids! Several times this week I've caught myself thinking just how blessed I feel to be spending everyday doing what I love.
I loved that this week KK came home from school and had checked out 2 books for Rex that she thought he would love from the school library, and that she couldn't wait to get home to read with Rex. I happened to be walking by Rex's room, as he was finishing up one of the books and heard him say "KK you're the best sister in the world, I love you." Oh man, talk about having to fight back some tears. I love, LOVE, seeing our kids take care of and love eachother! I hope they are always the best of friends, I have a feeling they will be!
I feel like if I could, I would stop time right now! The ages our kids are at right now, is pretty great!( although I'll admit I keep reminding myself how much easier drew will be in a year or so... pottytraining a 22 month old boy is pretty interesting....that was his decision, not mine!)...at this point all of our kids still think Keith and I are pretty awesome :) I hope they still feel that way as they get older and become teenagers!  I have to say we have more fun most days than we know what to do with!
So this was a special week for Ben, he was VIP at preschool. Basically it was his special day, where Keith and I got to go see him in all his glory talking about all of his favorite things to his little preschool friends. Oh was it cute! *Something has happened in the last 6 months...for so long, all this boy wanted and needed was his dad, but I'm happy to say that somewhere along the line Ben decided he loves me too :) Our daddy's boy is still a daddy's boy as much as ever, but he found a special place in his heart for me too. ( it took a while, but that's ok) It feels pretty good, I love this boy!

2 comments:

White Family said...

Such a sweet post! I can't tell you how many times I have wanted to freeze time, because of all there is to be grateful for. I'm still doing it in the midst of grammy-hood! Family is just awesome that way. xo

Jocelyn said...

Lynsi, It's Jocelyn King. Hey - Jason is heading up there tomorrow and wants to get ahold of Keith. Can you email me his number please? Thanks!
jocelynking@gmail.com