Monday, September 3, 2012

new beginnings

first of all, can I just say how great it is to have Internet connection again. we just finally got it set up today, I was going on close to two weeks of no Internet, at all.- talk about feeling disconnected! Luckily we've been so busy I've hardly noticed (ok, until the past couple of days- then I nearly started going through withdrawals)
anyway alot has happened since we packed up and drove off from sandy Utah about a week and a half ago. ( ok wait, i seriously can't believe it's only been a week and a half, it feels like that was nearly a lifetime ago!)
Turned out before we left Utah we had a friend in town that was heading back to Washington and offered to drive our moving truck for us, oh that was so big!...that meant Keith and I, and the kids were all able to drive together in one car on that loooong two day trip. (it would have felt so much longer had we been following keith in the moving truck.)
another positive might I add, was being welcomed in by friends the evening we drove into town with a salmon BBQ (that they had just caught the day before) and fresh blackberry shakes. that definitely made us feel welcome!
So this past week has been extremely busy with jumping right back into life. so far so good.
Everyone seems really happy and is just really excited about all that has been going on!
Everything has just fallen into place.
just to name a few....
The kids were all able to get into the same school together ( which almost didn't happen.)
Tayler joined a soccer team with a friend and had her first tournament over the weekend and loved it. The kids have made all sorts of neighborhood friends. (we weren't even sure there would be many!)
Our backyard is seriously a forest, it's amazing!
Our front yard is covered in blackberry bushes.
 
It feels so good to be here although we still have so much to do! so much.  My new bedtime has been between the hours of 2:00 and 4:00am. I still have boxes coming out of every direction, but instead of unpacking I find myself easily distracted with my new hobby of pulling off wallpaper... and ripping out baseboards and carpet. in case I haven't mentioned, we've moved into the house that Keith grew up in. This house has more potential than we know what to do with and we are so excited about making it our own and continuing to settle on in. I'll be sure to post plenty of before and after pics, trust me.
a few more days and the kids are off to school.  
Washington is treating us very well and is quickly feeling like home.
 



 
kk found this snake out in our yard, she's braver than I am that's for sure.
 these pictures are right beyond our driveway- rows of blueberry fields, old barns, not to forget to mention the cool farmers market just a half mile up the road.



 

9 comments:

MaryAnn said...

Wow! You have tons of land to run around on. We are definitely coming to see you next year. Just tell KK to get rid of the snakes for me...I don't do snakes!

Steoffrey said...

get out of here-- seriously when can we come visit!? (after you exterminate those snakes of course...)

so glad you guys made it there safe and ya'll are doing good. love and miss you guys!

Heidi and Bryan said...

Looks amazing! Glad you got there safe, and god luck with everything!

fREnCh TrOSt said...

Wow! I bet your kids are lovin' it! Looks like a great place & how special that it's Keith's childhood home. So happy for you guys! Good luck with everything!

White Family said...

Beautiful! So glad you are settling in with lots of enthusiasm and lots of blackberries - hopefully some night very soon you will have lots of sleep! love and miss you.

Jacque said...

so glad you all made it safe and sound and are settling in. can't wait to see all your pics of the house. kk is so brave. i found a rather large moth outside our front door the other day and nearly freaked out! i need a kk around!

miss you!!

p.s. cohen wrote all about missing rex last week in school.

Laura T. said...

In love with your new home. I can't wait to see the family pics looking like a J. Crew ad soon! And some of you in your tights and boots picking berries in a field. I can't wait to visit!! Congrats on your new home! Tell kk to get rid of those snakes before I arrive, AH! love you!

sbk said...

I'm glad all the kids are doing well. It's not surprising to me that you've only lived there for just over a week and everyone is already settled in and has already made new friends.

I'm jealous of those blackberries out front, that sounds amazing! Good luck with all the unpacking and home projects!

xo

Vanessa said...

okay, I'm jealous.