Monday, August 6, 2012

boy time!

The boys and I have had some quality time together lately (Keith and the girls have been in Washington) I've kept us pretty busy to say the least, but let me just tell ya about my very favorite day of all spent with these boys of mine. No it wasn't our goofy golf day at Boondocks or our jump time at Airborne ( although that little frame of time where NO ONE was in the dodge ball arena except my boys and I, that was pretty amazing, I think I was having more fun than my boys-and I'm sure I was more sweaty!)

No. no. actually the very best day of all in my opinion was spent simply in our backyard. I fed the boys lunch out in the tree house where they requested I be their waitress and then from that point on they just played. and played and played and played.  Can I just tell you for how long- 7 hours! No joke, I had to talk them into coming in at 7:00 for dinner. They didn't fight, they didn't get bored, they didn't ask to have friends over, it was like some sort of miracle! Between digging for pirate jewels in a dirt planter, washing their bikes, playing catch, and running around they were oh so happy, which meant I was Oh so happy too.
just kickin it outside.
 I happened to watch Jessica Biel on Jimmy Kimmel last week, she said growing up her dad would make sure that before she came in for the night she either had grass stains on her pants or some sort of scratch, just as proof that she had really done something that day.  She said she had no other choice really than to be alittle tomboyish, her family grew up hiking, snowboarding, kayaking, bike riding, anything outdoors, they were all over it!
yeah. I like that idea of raising kids. a lot!




Check out those cute buns! They were definitely ready for a bath that night!

3 comments:

White Family said...

That's my idea of fun - Those simple times are the best entertainment of all!

Mary and Ryan said...

I love this, and I'm so jelous u could be outside! Nothing like 3 little boys, I can't wait till all my 3 can play like that, u r such a good mom:)

Chelsea said...

I like that idea too, I've been craving some nature and outdoor experiences for my kids lately. They are missing out major and its giving me guilt. TOTALLY have cabin fever from avoiding the bloody heat outside! you are so lucky they can play outstide all day!