Sunday, August 5, 2012

hobbies and paint colors.

With all this boxin up I'm coming across all sorts of odds and ends! The other night I came across a  box that has been tucked away in our basement that I never even bothered to unpack when we moved in....turned out the box was filled with all sorts of treasures, and by treasures I mean it was filled to the top with old letters, past Christmas cards from friends and family, kids old school work, old love notes from Keith-  all sorts of good stuff that I had just thrown together in this one big ole box sometime last year! Of course I spent the next following hour or so browsing through it all, just for fun, before I taped it all back up!
One letter I came across was from my "abuela". My grandma was in her early seventies when she decided to take up learning Spanish at a nearby community college. When she would send me letters, she would often sign her card with Love, abuela! So cute huh! (and it was always a handmade card too!)
I love that my abuela continued to love learning and continued to be creative through her home made cards and hobbies, and that age didn't get in her way!
After reading her letter it inspired me to learn something new! Secretly I've always wished I could sing and play the fiddle like Alison Krauss. Yeah, I may have to wait till I'm in my seventies to give that a try, or just keep wishing.- but with my baby who is now one, and my other kids who will be starting school soon, it just might leave me with enough free time to come up with some thing fun (and realistic) to learn. I'll let ya know when I figure out what that is. 
here's a couple ideas going through my head... taking up piano again (we do have an Uncle that teaches piano right where we'll be moving...hm mm), getting a road bike (I've always loved to run, but have always wanted to try biking too), golf (i mean it would be kinda fun to play well enough to go out and play occasionally with Keith and the kids.), even simply making time to read a few good books....we'll see. anybody have any fun new hobbies you've taken up...

on a side note: Keith and the girls have been in Washington getting things ready there the past week and a half. The girls have been working on their new rooms, I'll admit I was a little worried when they called and told me they had gone ahead and bought paint for their rooms before they even ran it by me first!!!  But, I do have to say they did a pretty darn good job picking colors and turns out Keith's got a pretty good eye, who knew!  here's a room with the same color tays chose...
it's going to be pretty cute when it's all put together, we've got some projects ahead of us!

2 comments:

Blondie Blues said...

L.O.V.E

Blondie Blues said...

I am so excited for you & a new home! You will make it amazin & have so much fun! Here's to an exciting change!