Wednesday, June 13, 2012

summer livin

I've decided to throw in the towel with the idea of a "summer schedule"! In the past our summers typically are centered around:
musical theater (which will be missed this summer with Mars and Miles)
swimteam
every free library activity
Harkins summer movie passes
etc, etc.
Well, not this summer!
Flexible is how I would best describe our summer so far! ( seeing as how we just tucked in Tays, rex, and KK and it's almost midnight, but it was important that we got our SYTYCD in!)
We're kinda just waking up everyday and just playin it by ear (some of us later than others, ahem Tays...11:00!)
It's funny how life is changing, the library and park just don't excite the girls like they used to. It's getting tougher to come up with family activities that make everyone happy.
Although we did swim at the community pool (still getting used to not having our own in the backyard!) and it was a huge hit! I think Rex jumped off the highdive the ENTIRE time, up and jump, up and jump. The best part was that every time before he'd jump, he'd walk to the end of the board and wave to us across the pool and flash us his big dimple smile and then we'd all wave back and cheer as loud as we could for him. After an hour straight of this I'm sure people were starting to think we were kinda crazy! It definitely got us excited about all the newport and arizona swimming we'll be doing here shortly!
honestly some days are just longer than others. today was a long one! By late this afternoon I had to sentence everyone down to the basement just so I could take 15 minutes to clear off my kitchen counters (which were no where in sight) and get a few dishes put away. yeah, I don't see our house staying too tidy this summer. 5 kids+friends running through the house all day doesn't do much to help. Keith made the comment that "having his summers off" is not saying much when you've got a household like ours!
But, with that said, we wouldn't have it any other way~! here's to a happy, unscheduled, fun-filled summer!

4 comments:

Steoffrey said...

bedtimes should never interfere with SYTYCD. Especially Salt Lake auditions!!

White Family said...

We're excited to enjoy some of that unscheduled time with you soon! (Scheduled or not, 5 little ones is a WORK OUT!)

Blondie Blues said...

LOVE every word of that post! That is so how we roll with summer. Oh, how i love you Lyns!!!

sbk said...

your household always sounds so crazy and so much fun!!