after staying out till way past bedtime last night with friends, I thought we'd for sure have some sleepy kids this morning, obviously since I was outside kicking the soccer ball around with Ben and Drew at six this morning, I thought wrong! By 6:15 Ben was already asking if friends could come over to play.
The girls didn't have the option of sleeping in, they had to get up, get their crazy hair dos done, and get out the door to school. only three days to go! hooray for spirit week to help make it a bit more exciting! I overheard KK trying to convince Keith to drop her off at the junior high (across the street from the elementary) so she could strut her crazy hair around those older junior high kids, who apparently she must think are pretty cool!
It wasn't long after the girls were out the door, when I heard Ben yelling over the fence to "his girl" Lily to sneak over to our backyard. I went out to check it out and it was hard not to get a laugh out of these two who were still in their pjs, ready to play before 8:00am! ( these two have been completely inseparable lately!)
Ben tells us Lily is his girlfriend, but what's even better is that when they're together, Ben calls Lily mom, and Lily calls Ben dad. It makes me laugh! Ben will call out "MOM!" and naturally I respond... and then he will just look at me like... duh, come on mom! I'm not talking to you, I'm talking to Lily! It works out well for Drew because they usually let him tag along and be the baby brother.
Once Rex finally woke up they all sat up at the bar for a little pancake party!(the boys made sure lily sat in the middle of course)
Ben tells us Lily is his girlfriend, but what's even better is that when they're together, Ben calls Lily mom, and Lily calls Ben dad. It makes me laugh! Ben will call out "MOM!" and naturally I respond... and then he will just look at me like... duh, come on mom! I'm not talking to you, I'm talking to Lily! It works out well for Drew because they usually let him tag along and be the baby brother.
Once Rex finally woke up they all sat up at the bar for a little pancake party!(the boys made sure lily sat in the middle of course)
I've been trying to convince both Rex and Ben that it's time to buzz their hair.... they refuse! I don't know where or why they got the idea, but they both keep telling me they want huge afros! ( must have seen an old picture of their uncle tylers hair from back in the day and thought it was pretty cool!) Anyway, when Rex discovered it was crazy hair day he decided he wanted it buzzed right down the middle... sounded good to me, now he's going to have to let me finish buzzing the rest after school. hopefully anyway. this probably isn't his best look!
1 comment:
I love Rex's Pauly D hair! He should keep it forever.
Post a Comment