Monday, May 14, 2012

mothers day weekend.

Spending everyday with these five makes me ever so grateful to be a mother! I feel overwhelmed with gratitude to have the opportunity to raise these five children that I love and adore with all of my heart, and to have a husband by my side that feels the exact same way!
I listened as the speakers in church yesterday expressed their love and gratitude for their mothers and special women in their lives. As I sat and pondered on the amazing women in my own life I was overcome with emotion!
I feel so much gratitude for :
 my own mother who I look up to more than anyone in this world, there is truly no one quite like her.
for a mother-in-law who makes everyone she sees feel like a million bucks,
for sisters that i admire and don't know what I'd do without,
for sister-in-laws who are amazing examples,
for friends who inspire me,
for a grandma who even though has passed away I think about often, miss, and continue to learn from. (the only jewelry I ever care to wear belonged to her, I love wearing it. it reminds me of her!)
for an opportunity this weekend to celebrate Shannon who was such an incredible mother and the ultimate example of strength.
What a blessing and privilege it is to be a mother and to be surrounded by so many wonderful women. Words can't begin to express the joy that I find everyday with this sweet family of mine!
  

Race for the cure in Shannons honor!


(ignore the ugly green railing, if you can!)

2 comments:

White Family said...

Thanks for sharing the picture of all those adorable kids that YOU mother with such love. You are an amazing mom (and daughter)!! xo

Steoffrey said...

Tays is your little blonde twin, I love it!