seriously where did this past year go? Baby Drew will be turning ONE this weekend! What!?! I can't believe it, I love love the newborn stage, looking at these pictures when drew was just a few days old makes me miss that stage so much! (almost enough to want another right now) Drew has been the perfect addition, he has fit right in with the boys and has learned quickly how to hold his own!
Last week I was hesitant about leaving Drew while I took off for San Fran for the weekend, the rest of the kids I knew would be just fine without me, (actually I think they were kinda excited I was leaving so they could party with dad!) but Drew I worried about. Really up until that point I could have probably counted on one hand how many times I had left him. Not only that, but it was just days before I left that I had officially weaned him, so that didn't help. Anyway, he ended up doing fine without me, BUT I didn't get the welcome from him that I had expected when I got home. I thought for sure as soon as he saw me he would have been excited and would have leaped into my arms, well that didn't turn out to be the case. In fact, he wouldn't even let me put him to bed that night. He arched his back and cried until I had Keith come tuck him in! WHAT! I was seriously heartbroken! I seriously worried he would never forgive me and pretty much cried myself to sleep that night. Thankfully, by the next morning when I went in to get him from his crib he greeted me with a huge smile and has hardly wanted to leave my side since. phew! the old drew was back! This little guy seriously melts my heart! He probably gets sick of me kissing his cute little face all day long, but ya know I just can't help myself! I love having little boys, and even though it's hard to see drew getting so big so fast, I just love to watch him learn and grow and bond with those crazy brothers of his!
This past week was school picture day. Since we bought Fall school pictures, I wondered if we really needed another set of school pictures from the same grade, 5 months later. Um not really! I thought we'd just pass this time around. Well turns out Tayler was willing to do just about anything to have me let her take spring pictures. Anyone taking spring pictures got a free dress day and got to ditch the uniform for the day. Somehow she talked me into it... to say the least she was more than excited to wear whatever she felt like for the day!!!! (especially after a little shopping trip to Forever 21 after one of her aunties tipped her off that there was a girls section!)


5 comments:
How is Drew one?? What a cute teethy smile that boy has! And Taylor is turning into a little teen, why can't time go a little slower???
As Heidi said, your kiddos are growing up so fast and beautifully! Happy birthday, Drew!
I love that picture of Drew as a newborn...that grin! So precious.
Wow--that did go by fast! I hope you're surviving your weekend. I'm going to remind Paul that you got to go on a fun girls' trip before Keith's boys' trip!
That Drew is the cutest little bug! I CAN'T believe he is already one! WOW! Tell Keith he better get ready to scare the boys away from Taylor...she's darling!
Post a Comment