Monday, March 12, 2012

happy birthday REX!!!!
Rexy is 6 years old today! His birthday celebration really happened over the weekend, Keith took Rex and some of his good buddies to Boondocks for some minature golf, bumper cars, and video games. Saturday evening we had planned to take the family to Red Robin ( our traditional birthday restaurant) BUT we couldn't pass up the beautiful 60 degree weather, so we stopped at McDonalds and picnicked at the park instead. Turned out to be just right for Rex, he found some big kids to play basketball with, which ended up being the icing on the cake! 
I was planning on having Rex wait to open his presents, (once the girls and Keith were home and after cake and icecream) but he talked me into letting him open them first thing in the morning. First, he opened a couple of books and then a little hoop to hang on his bedroom door. I didn't bring out right away what I knew he would really be excited about. I waited a few minutes and then I walked out holding his new golf clubs! HOLY COW, his face lit up like never before! He was beyond excited! Once I handed over his new clubs I realized I really should have waited to give them to him that night. He refused to put them down for anything! There was still homework that needed to get done. breakfast that needed to be eaten, school clothes that needed to be put on,  a morning bike ride that I had promised Ben.... All Rex could think about was practicing with his new clubs ALL morning! He just took swing after swing after swing with a huge smile and REFUSED to do anything else! FINALLY I was able to talk him into putting them down long enough to get dressed and eat. As you can tell, he wanted to go to school this morning with his clubs on his back, rather than his backpack!
What would we do without our Rexy!  Rex we love you! Happy birthday sweet boy!

8 comments:

Jacque said...

oh my gosh! rex looks like he's totally grown like a foot taller!! his face looks so narrow and grown up! and what a perfect gift for him! we all know he'll be a famous baller or golfer or BOTH someday!

tell him happy bday from us! cohen misses him tons!

and ren keeps asking when he and "old ben" can go to the water park again. :( he misses him so much! so sweet.

melissa walker said...

I don't know if I realized that Rex and Nora share a birthday! He has really grown--Happy Birthday Rex! Looks like your day was spectacular!

sbk said...

Happy Birthday Rex! Me and Brad miss you!!

I can't believe how old he looks in that picture. What a stud.

Chelsea said...

so cute how much he loves golf!

Steoffrey said...

He looks SO OLD!!! Can't believe he's already 6. He's still the happiest, most coordinated 2 year old in my eyes!

Grace said...

Happy Birthday Rex!

Bryan and Heidi said...

How is he SIX??? I think you must be lying! He is so cute. Happy Birthday REX!

Steph Weaver said...

Happy Birthday Rexy! He is looking so grown up...and handsome as always! I bet Keith is one proud dad watching him with his golf clubs!!

Your San Fran trip looked amazing...so fun to get away! I'll be curious to hear if you went to Monterey and if your sister is liking it there?