We've had a great Christmas weekend, now that the flu has officially ran it's course through everyone but me.. I guess I got lucky! (actually it depends on how you look at it, being up from midnight till 6 in the morning scrubbing throw up off the floor and cleaning sheets, and having five sick kids throughout the week, doesn't sound too lucky does it?.? ) Thankfully though, everyone was healthy and happy just in time for the Wilson family white elephant party! It's actually been close to 10 years since we've been with the Wilson side of the family over Christmas, last time we were at the white elephant party Tays was a baby! We sure missed the White family Christmas Eve (eve) party this year, but had so much fun celebrating with the Wilsons. The white elephant party was a tradition that Shannon started and how fun it is that it will be carried on! Speaking of traditions... I think we've found ourselves a few new fun ones this year! Just to name a few... Cookie decorating at the Hulls! Hiking on Christmas Eve Day ( Tays reminded us that we did this last year, minus the snow!) and making cookies for Santa!
Somehow with all of these bakers in the kitchen we managed to actually get them made, there just didn't end up being many left for Santa!






5 comments:
Mitchell was in my bathroom this morning (Christmas Eve) waiting to throw up over the toilet and crying, "But I don't want to be sick on Christmas Eve!" What is it with sickness and Christmas? Just your luck. Glad you survived.
The first time I ever had those cookies with the kisses in the middle was when you made them for us. I always think of you when I see them.
We sure missed you guys this year. It just wasn't the same w/o the cookie exchange (minus any cookies on my part!) and gingerbread houses and smores at the Wilson's firepit and Christmas Eve together. Lots of good memories.
Merry Christmas!!!
Christmas and kitchens go together quite well, don't you think? We loved seeing all those darling little bakers! Can't wait to see you soon!
we missed you guys here this christmas! we are looking forward to hopefully making a trip to Utah with the kids. Have a fun week with your parents!
Glad you were all feeling better, but man...that flu sounds awful!
I'm loving the picture of all 5...so cute!
Merry Christmas!!
BTW...we have had a few run-in's with "KK's Kevin" this week...can't wait to tell you about them. He got mad at Mike yesterday at the park!!
Post a Comment