The only thing worse for a three year old than getting stitches... is getting stitches TWICE in one week! Yes, poor Ben was running around yesterday and knocked his little chin again and split it wide open. (again) As soon as he did it and saw the blood, his first reaction was "I don't want it" meaning he didn't want stitches again. But, unfortunately that is just what he had to do. poor boy! Keith had to brib him with a trip to Mcdonalds on the way to the hospital. hopefully he's good to go for a while. I'm sure with three little boys there will be plenty more of this to come.
Funny story...(kindof) Last week Rex and Ben wanted to swim. I told them they could but that I wasn't suppossed to get in the water quite yet. Rex asked why. I told him that when you have a baby you have to wait a while before you can swim. He responded very sincerely "Oh I get it, your tummy is too fat to swim" I got a good laugh. (gotta love the honesty though)
5 comments:
Wow--stitches twice in one week! I can't even imagine. And sometimes kids are just too honest--the 4 year old is still reminding me about my mommy tummy!
How come Rex could pull off saying anything and it's still sweet and funny? That kids got a gift.
Poor ben.
POOR Ben. that is so sad. What a trooper though. And Rex's comment is hilarious! I laughed out loud at that one.
Ben wears his stitches like a badge of honor - bless his heart!
Poor Ben--okay, rex's response was TOO funny. Love that kiddo!
Post a Comment