Kinley's artwork was displayed in an artshow downtown, so we made a night of it Friday night. We're proud of our little artist!
On Saturday morning I woke up to Tayler and Rex in my bed and overheard the conversation of them telling one another that they were eachother's favorite (sibling) as least for that day. (awe. a very sweet thing for a mom to hear, I had a huge smile!) This lead to them spending the entire morning working together on a play where Rex was the knight and Tayler was the dragon. They decided to let KK play the background music on the piano...which she was very happy about. She starts piano lessons this week. ( with a "real" teacher. no more lessons from mom). This all worked out great, Keith and I were able to enjoy a bit of conference while they were busy making costumes and having dress rehearsal. (My favorite thing just may be when all of our kids are happy, entertained, and having fun together....no fighting. I hope they are always close and have fun together!)
Sunday we spent the day at Grammy and Papas. They have been working on putting together a playroom for the grandkids. After the kids spend all Sunday in the playroom, they all decided they want to move in! I've never seen Kinley so excited in her whole life as to when Grammy walked in holding two new "girls" for her girls to have playdates with while they visit at Grammys! She was jumping up and down, screaming in excitment...you would have thought she just won a million dollars, but this was even better! Tayler had fun sewing with Grammy and KK was grammy's helper with the peach blackberry cobbler. I'm so grateful for wonderful parents who are naturally amazing grandparents!


The Dragon and Knight Rex









2 comments:
You are so lucky to live so close to family. I love lazy Sundays at my mom's house...when I get them once a year!
I was wonderful to spend the day with such great company!
Post a Comment