Thursday, September 9, 2010



I was at my moms last week and she prepared my sisters and I an amazingly delicious Asian salad for lunch. Three platefuls later, I decided this was hands down my new favorite! If you know my mom, you know everything she creates in the kitchen is perfection. From taste to presentation! We get spoiled every meal over at the White house!
I have seriously been craving this salad everyday!
Well, today my mom and Shelly came out for an afternoon visit. I knew they would be driving by a Trader Joes on their way over, which happens to be where she got the Spicy Peanut Vinaigrette she used for the salad...I had to ask if she could stop and pick me up a bottle so I could try to recreate her salad this weekend.
Well, I was surprised ( ok not really) when my mom showed up to my house this afternoon with bags of all sorts of goodness. Along with the bottle of Vinaigrette I had requested she also happened to bring all of the other ingredients I would need...
Snow peas,
Red and green leaf lettuce,
Red Pepper,
Carrots,
Mushrooms,
Broccoli,
Celery,
Peanuts,
and,
Honey sesame sticks.
I could hardly wait...
We actually didn't.
We busted out the cutting boards
started chopping vegetables
And ended up enjoying a lovely salad for lunch!
Seriously it's all about the Trader Joes dressing and Honey Sesame Sticks! So Yummy!
mom also just happened to bring fresh strawberries and corn from the local farmers market.
( just because she's amazing that way!)
Mom, you're the best!

5 comments:

White Family said...

Aw Lyns...It was such a great time with you and Shelly and all your little boys today! The afternoon slipped by
WAY too fast!

Steoffrey said...

Maaaaan, I was already bummed as it was that I couldn't come out today. Now this!?!?

Brittney said...

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, my mouth is watering. going to trader joes ASAP!

Brett and Lisa said...

i love trader joes AnD your mom's cooking! you are pretty great at it yourself!!

Nancy said...

You've talked me into it, I'm so moving back to AZ so I can buy that dressing at Trader Joe's. Or maybe I'll just pick up a bottle when I come in October. Either way I love when you share recipes because everyone knows when they come from Lynsi they are keepers!