(rex is not flipping off the camera. He's actaully in the middle of his dance moves. I promise. I know it looks bad.)
Church with these two little darlings is exhausting let me tell ya! That first hour of sacrament meeting is not an easy one.
These boys are not quiet or reverent.
If they could they would growl and wrestle the entire meeting. Ben likes to yell for his daddy on the stand too. They especially do not like to be told or forced to hold still!
I barely survived today.
We didn't even make it through the opening song before we had to make our quick exit! I got an excellent workout trying to catch them darting around the builiding though! If you have any ideas on how to teach little rambunctious boys reverence, do tell.

7 comments:
Reverent or not, they are indeed darlings!
Before my children were born I felt nervous about their behavior in Sacrament Meeting. I knew that was silly because they weren't even born yet. However, when I read an idea in the Feb. 2000Ensign and online here: http://lds.org/ldsorg/v/index.jsp?hideNav=1&locale=0&sourceId=22e06a4430c0c010VgnVCM1000004d82620a____&vgnextoid=2354fccf2b7db010VgnVCM1000004d82620aRCRD
about a young mother's plan to teach her children reverence during Sacrament Meeting I felt less anxious. I even tried the plan when my oldest two were toddlers. It worked well for us.
thanks susanne
You're the expert on BoYs!
I see you getting a work out every week...but chasing those cute boy's has got to be more fun than hiking the mountain or going to the gym!
At least you're burning lots of calories while just sitting in church! No wonder you always look so great...
And yes, we are finally back home. It's a whirlwind trying to get back to our normal routine. I'll call you and we can set up the cobbler night. Sounds great!
I find the more I ignore my boys at church, the more reverent they are. haha. but seriously.
p.s. i have that shirt. :)
Funny how Carter has now become easier in church now that he's 6. He just draws, but then he does ask to go to the bathroom about 4 times. Kyle is the one driving me nuts. I hear he's perfect and reverant in Primary, but he's terrible for me in sacrament. So, I need some ideas too.
Post a Comment