

It had been one of THOSE days.
crazy
It was 8:00pm and we had just finished eating dinner
we were lucky to fit that in.
My kitchen was seriously covered in sprinkles, crumbs, frosting, and way too many dirty
dishes ( my counter tops were no where to be seen)
We had just finished up working on Taylers giant mermaid cake for her county fair project which was due the next day.
Before I knew it, it was 9:00pm
on a school night.
Ben had already jumped out of his crib four times and it was my fifth time (re)tucking him in...with no naps might I add.
KK didn't have her homework done
AND was being sassy
The girls hadn't bathed yet...
then someone mysteriously took a snitch out of the mermaid!!!!!!
which led to drama!
I set the kitchen timer to give the "snitcher" 3o seconds to confess. or else.
My overflowing laundry baskets were out of control
Rex was slamming into walls just to make noise
Rex was slamming into walls just to make noise
Keith was at Young Mens
At one point I just sat down on the couch to watch all the commotion around me
I asked myself. for reals?
I didn't even know where to start
when all of a sudden
out of nowhere Rex came tearing through the room with his Easter basket on his head
with his super intense facial expressions
he started chucking his little football right at me...
ok normally this would be my breaking point
but. I couldn't help it
I seriously fell to the ground
LAUGHING. hysterically.
(I'm not sure if it was because I actually thought it was funny or if it was some sort of coping mechanism)
either way I guess it was was a good place to start
to laugh
and to remember I guess this is what having kids is all about.
thanks rex.
tayler won a blue ribbon for her cake, so I guess it all ended up being worth it afterall.
8 comments:
Great post Lyns. Seriously. I loved it. So real. And such a great point. I have LONG admired this very quality about you, wishing I could do a better job of it myself in my own mothering. I was just telling someone last week about your talent in this exact area.
And the cake, wow, impressive!
Love Tayler's cake, love Rexy's ability for comic relief, and love your ability to recognize humor in the midst of such intensity!
HAHA, Geoff and I laughed so hard after reading this. It reminded me of the comotion going on last time we were at your house (which I'm sure didn't seem like comotion at all to you.)
...Maybe it was just American Idol on an ear-deafening volume that did it.
haaaa! Oh my goodness, how do you do it?! I'm SO impressed with all the moms out there with more than 2 kids, because 2 I think, is pretty manageable.
So funny! Sounds like a real crazy night!
this post made me laugh.
I've enjoyed a few similar moments, but this one was pretty good.
ever find out who ate the cake?
Kinley quickly confessed soon after the timer was set. Only because she learned her lesson about telling the truth the day before....but that's a whole other story!
I love this post. Makes me feel like I'm not the only mom with crazy days with kids.
Post a Comment