With the New Year, I had been wanting to clean out our office, a couple nights ago after all the kids were asleep, I decided to get to it. I started with our files, clutter, and the desk... then I decided to make my way through each childs individual bin where their artwork, special projects, sweet letters, awards, handprints, journals, and pictures from over the years are stored. I had planned on organzing and going through it all, but instead looked and cried over each and every paper and picture. Before I realized it I had spent nearly two hours wiping lots of (happy) tears as so many of their sweet notes, letters and pictures brought me overwhelming JOY! So many wonderful memories I was reminded of! Looking back at pictures of Tayler and KK in preschool made me think just how fast the time goes! It was so fun to see their precious handwriting from preschool and kindergarten. It's amazing how much they've learned and how much they're grown. I am so proud of each of my children and love them dearly! Being a mother brings me so much Happiness, I am overwhelmed with the love that I have for my family! This poem was tucked in one of the girls bins with a Mother's Day gift they had made me a few years back.
you made need tissue, I did.
TAKE TIME
Take time to hold me on your lap,
Take time to hold me on your lap,
To joke with me and make me laugh,
Take time, Mommy: this time will go so fast
Take time to give me extra hugs,
To teach me a nursery rhyme or song,
Take time, Mommy: I won't be little long.
Take time to tuck me into bed,
To read that story you know by heart,
Take time, Mommy: soon these days will part
Take time to exclaim over what I color,
To admire the things I make from clay,
Take time, Mommy: I'm growing up and away
Take time to imagine or make-believe,
To play some childish, silly game,
Take time, Mommy: soon it won't be the same.
Take time to let me help you work,
To teach me the many things you know,
Take time, Mommy: enjoy me while I grow.
Julie O'Brien
This made me want to cherish every MOMENT with my children!
8 comments:
Thanks for the poem. What a great reminder of how quickly time goes and how we need to cherish every second! I love that picture of the girls, it reminds me of our first summer with the Wilsons!
(Has it really been like four weeks since we talked? What's up with that? We need a SERIOUS catch up session!)
Loved that poem, and it couldn't have came at a better time, I have been so sad these past few days that its not going to be just Brax and I wish I would have had more Brax and mom time!!!
lynsi, how do you choose what to keep and what not to keep. that is the problem with me and my kids stuff... i just love the moments that it brings back and their sweet precious faces. that picture of the girls is precious... such a loving moment. thanks for sharing that poem.
You're right--I did need a tissue :) Thanks for sharing that.
Aww, so sweet. There's nothing quite like parenthood....unless it's grand-parenthood. Either way, it's a grand blessing!
WHat a sweet post. THe picture of the girls is exactly how I remember them when I met you guys. I love the poem, its so true.
that poem is beautiful. and so true.
the girls are precious in that picture!
That is so sweet. It's amazing how fast it all goes by. The girls are just ADORABLE in that picture! Can't believe how much they've grown.
Post a Comment