Saturday, January 23, 2010

I can't believe this is my BaBy! He's getting to be such a big boy. He had his 18 month check up this week ( even though he's closer to 21 months, I guess that's what happens when you're number FoUr.) He weighed in at 30.14 pounds (91st percentile) and measured at 35.25in. (95th percentile). His size helps him hold his own with his big brother. These days some of Ben's favorites are his blankies and deedee's (his pacifer) which he just recently started calling his baba's. One of my favorite times of the day is when Ben gets his babas right before he goes to bed because he knows it means bed time which means snuggle time. He loves to b r e a k things! Seriously. Whatever he see's he immediately makes it his mission to see just how hard and how fast he can throw it! Especially things like phones (keith owned an Iphone for maybe 3 days before it was shatterd),remotes, camera's...He finds it very rewarding to throw them hard enough to where at least the batteries go flying! Currently he's working on the TV, whenever he walks by, he must hit it as hard as he can or throw something at it! Keith and I have realized that nothing goes undamaged in some sort of way when you have four kids. A good reason to keep life simple. We'd take our kids anyday over anything fancy. No surprise, that Ben loves to EAT! Everything. If he hears the word snack he comes running. He loves to wrestle with his daddy. He loves it when he wakes up from a nap ( which is rare these days) or in the morning and everyone chants his name really loud. "Benny! Benny! Benny!" He can't help but smile! His favorite accessory is a black pirate hat that he grabbed from Grammy's house. He loves to wear it anywhere...the grocery store, kidsclub, out and about. He gets some funny looks...well, actually I'm probably the one getting the funny looks for caring around my baby wearing a pirate hat. BUT if wearing a pirate hat makes him happy, it makes me happy too! Another one of Ben's favorite pastimes is filling and dumping cups of water on the floor. ( luckily the water at the refrigerator, which is just his height, has a lock mode) I've come to the conclusion that toys are completely overrated! Ben has way more fun dumping water on the floor, playing in the bathroom sink, or turning laundry baskets into b-ball hoops than he does with any of his toys. We all LOVE Ben like crazy! He adds so much fun, excitment, noice, energy, and smiles to our family!

4 comments:

regina said...

what a great post! he is just too adorable not to love!

jan said...

Such a fun age, and such a great little guy! It's nice that you keep dry floors and I-phones all in good perspective. Life's much more joyous that way!

Grapefruit said...

I had to laugh at your 18 month check-up at 21 months. Has Mitchell even had his two year check up? :)

Ben is such a cute kid. I love that he will snuggle with me and let me hold him at the park. And deep down, every time he pushes Jane, he's really just expressing his love for her, right? :)

Ashley said...

I can't believe how fast he has grown up! He is just such a cutie.