At the beginning of the week the boys and I had planned on driving out to Grammy's house for the day while the girls were at school. Turned out KK was too s i c k to go to school that day, but we decided to go anyway and KK thought she could just rest on Grammy's couch and watch movies....

Turned out all she needed was a little chocolate and Grammy Time to make a full ReCoVeRy!
I was especially grateful we were at Grammy's this particular day! Grandma Kirkland happened to call while we were there and I was able to talk to her on the phone. ( which I always lOVE to do!!) The next day my mom called me with the news that Grandma Kirkland had unexpectedly passed away. It's made for a very emotional week! I am so grateful that I was able to talk to her that one last time on the phone and tell her little things like... how much it meant to have her and Grandpa at Tayler's baptism, how much Keith had appreciated his birthday card that she had just sent him in the mail, how amazing I thought her and grandpa were for planning a night to have all of Grandpa's old basketball boys over for Navajo Taco's! I loved the story she told me about her bringing a black dress to Tayler's baptism and accidentally packing brown shoes. She said there was no way she was going to wear brown shoes with a black dress... so she had to make an emergency shoe shopping trip to buy herself a new pair of black shoes! She told me that Grandpa was convinced she forgot her black shoes at home on purpose! Grandma was always so cute and fashionable! One thing I especially loved about grandma was her love for learning! In her upper seventies she was taking Spanish classes at the community college! Amazing! Grandma has always been so thoughtful! She never forgot birthdays ( and she had lots to remember, thank goodness for Jeff!) She would always send the cutest home made cards and her packages were always almost to pretty to open! Presentation was everything! Her home made fudge was incredible and I always loved her lemon bread at Thanksgiving! Thinking back, grandma and grandpa have been to every special event in my life, always showing support and love! Grandma was so unselfish and was always thinking about others! Grandma always put such a focus on family and was such a great example of how to live life to it's fullest! I'm so grateful that Tayler, Kinley, Rex and Ben were able to know her and spend a short time with her! What an amazing woman she was and what a blessing it has been to have her as my grandma! I'm going to miss her so much! We all will! But I know that we will all be together again and for this I am so extremely grateful! I will be forever grateful for the example she was and the love she shared!
l o v e y o u g r a n d m a
11 comments:
I'm so sorry about your grandma. She sounds like an incredible woman.
As that's so cute! I will see you guys soon! Love you.
Grandma is the most amazing lady. We'll all miss her very much.
Thanks for the sweet tribute to Grandma. We will all miss her a lot.
I loved her so much! Although I have only been so lucky to have known her for the past 10 years, her strength and sweet spirit has changed me. I have fond memories of staying up late playing cards with her. She was wonderful in so many ways!
Lynsi, I'm sorry to hear about your Grandma. What a sweet tribute to her, all of your feelings about her. I love that story about her buying black shoes. She sounds like such a classy woman. What a blessing that you were able to talk to her one more time.
Lynsi, those are such sweet memories of your Grandma, she sounds like a lovely woman, and what a blessing that you got to talk to her on the phone one last time.
I am so sorry about your family's loss, she sounds like an amazing woman and so classy!
Lynsi, I am so sad to hear about your grandma. What an amazing thing that you were just able to talk to her.
you are so lucky to have so many admirable women in your family!
i, too, am so sorry about your grandma. she has a great legacy of love living on in you and your family.
Post a Comment