Saturday, April 18, 2009

Something to dance and smile about. Rex is potty trained. Wahoo! Trust me I'm dancing right along, this has been quite a process!
We went cold turkey to undies a couple months ago and he has finally got it ALL figured out!
Speaking of Rex... he made me laugh SO HARD today! We have a Ross right by our house and so we stopped by today with the intention of quickly running in and picking up a dress shirt for Keith. I was distracted by the sunglasses and decided maybe I'd grab a pair of those too... I'm all about cheap sunglasses! No need to worry about losing, breaking, or sharing them with kids. As I was quickly looking around shuffling through to find a pair of sunglasses Rex spotted this pair of sunglasses... it was love at first sight! He looked up at me and in his little deep voice said " Mom, I just luv these." He seriously would not take them off. He then proceeded to strut around the store for the next half hour. So much for just running in quick like... that usually doesn't happen when you have four kids with you anyway. I could not stop laughing...everytime I turned around and saw him following behind it was just too funny to me! He was feeling SO COOl! As it was time to go I told him it was time to take the sunglasses off and put them back. I even tried to sneak them away at the register... No way! That was not going to happen! Not this time! He wasn't going to have it, he had his mind made up about these glasses. I couldn't help it... I ended up getting him the glasses and we all ended up laughing the whole way home.

7 comments:

White Family said...

Rexy always keeps us smilin'!

Courtney said...

that is definitely something to dance about!

Brett and Lisa said...

what a funny kid! you will have to give me potty training tips... how do you teach that?? I have a friend who is training her 15 month old!? I think I will wait a bit longer!

Tyler and Kelly White said...

WOO-HOO!!! YAY FOR POTTY TRAINING!

Unknown said...

Looks that potty wants to wear a Gucci Sunglasses
haha so cute

Steoffrey said...

Are you using the ole Potty Dance routine?! That was my fav.

Bryan and Heidi said...

Tell rex we are proud of him! Thats gotta be great news for eeryone!