Last year when Tayler was in first grade she was chosen from her class to do the jump roping event at field day! This was big news for her, she was so excited! She practiced diligently everyday! The awaited day finally came, only to end up being devastating, heartbreaking... the jump rope she happened to pick up was way too short for her, so short in fact that she couldn't even get the rope to touch the ground...Tayler happens to be a bit competitive and this was heartbreaking for her because she practiced so hard and knew that she could had done better...she wanted so badly to bring home that ribbon! She was a good sport though and we were proud of her anyway.
Well, this year she was chosen again to jump rope for her second grade class. BUT this year had a happier ending... This year she made sure she had the right size rope. She had 84 jumps in 30 seconds and was able to celebrate with a FIRST PLACE ribbon! This year she came home with a HUGE smile which made us smile, and she knew she did her best! We were proud of our girl! Go Tayler!


Talyer and Zane- The jump ropers from Mrs. Hensley's class!
We were there to cheer her on!




8 comments:
Go Tayler! That is awesome, I am pretty sure I did the jump rope competition at field day in first grade too, on the very same playground no less. Glad to see the same excitement!
WOW!! she should be a boxer..all that jump roping pays off! GO TAYLER!!
OH MY GOSH!!! I can't believe I found your blog. So random! Hopefully you even remember me:) Cara Penrod from volleyball (Imua). I love when I find people that I haven't seen in years. You look great! Your kids are adorable. You have me beat. I only have 3 kids. You can see us at carajohnson.blogspot.com
It is fun to see you and your family.
Congrats Tayler! 84 jumps? Wow. Impressive. I know I couldn't do that without going into cardiac arrest. So hats off to her!
The difference btwn Megs and Tays: Megan could barely sleep the night before field day she was dreading it so much. She hates it. But that's okay, look at us, you with your turtle cheesecake and me with my plain peanut butter, and we turned out okay! :)
taylers too cute! love her!
84 in 30 seconds?!! That sounds ridiculous! I can't believe that, wow!
Cheers and love to Tayler from Grammy and Papa!!
Post a Comment