Saturday, November 22, 2008

Nov. 22nd

I am grateful for this quote by PRes. Monson to remind me to
cherish the moments I have with my children each day.

"If you have children who are grown and gone, in all likelihood you have occasionally felt pangs of loss and the recognition that you didn’t appreciate that time of life as much as you should have. Of course, there is no going back, but only forward. Rather than dwelling on the past, we should make the most of today, of the here and now, doing all we can to provide pleasant memories for the future.

If you are still in the process of raising children, be aware that the tiny fingerprints that show up on almost every newly cleaned surface, the toys scattered about the house, the piles and piles of laundry to be tackled will disappear all too soon and that you will—to your surprise—miss them profoundly.

...Let us relish life as we live it, find joy in the journey, and share our love with friends and family."

click here for entire talk.

I'm also thankful Rex picked up some sweet new break dancin moves from Sesame Street this week!
He's my daily entertainment!

5 comments:

Becca and fam said...

Thanks for this blog, it's very true and hard to remember sometimes!

Tyler said...

Thanks for the quote, it made my eyes misty. Here is one that is somewhat related:

"With one foot in the past and one in the future, you are pissing all over today."

- Anon.

Mary and Ryan said...

I need to remember this quote more, it is so true. Thanks for the reminder:)

Mary and Ryan said...

oh, and i like the quote in your comments about pissing all over today, I need to remember that too:)

White Family said...

Are you sure Sesame Street didn't pick up the dance move from Rex?