Thursday, September 18, 2008

last night. for reals.
8:00 pm- Keith walks in from YM. " Wow, everyone's down huh?
me: Yup, everyone but Ben....

8:30 pm- Girls tip toe out of their room. In unison and holding hands. " WE'Re NOt TIREd!"
9:00 pm- (after about five more times out of bed)
me: "GIrls GO TO BED!"
9:30 pm- three kids down, one to go...
12:00 am- Ben's finally asleep!
12:00 am- bedtime
12:30 am- Ben's up!
12:45 am- Ben's down.
1:00 am Ben's up.
lots of feeding, rocking, bouncing, swaying, you get the idea...
3:00 am- last time I see the clock! finally a few zzzzz's. Hooray Ben is down!
3:30 am- Kk and her wild sleep talking.
4:30 am- Rex comes dashing in our room, SLAMMING the door behind him. Yelling " HI MOMMA!!!!" ( doesn't he know he should be asleep for at least another 2 hours.)
4:30 am- Ben is now awake again.
5:00 am- In walks Kk with two hand fulls of blood. " Mom. I have a bloody nose!" (where's Keith... oh he's still trying to get Rex back down. )
6:00 am- everyone's up. Keith and I just had to laugh at the craziness.
6:30 am-Tayler, Kinley and Rex started out their morning decorating the driveway.
good morning.


10 comments:

melissa walker said...

I'm amazed you could laugh. I would be crying. In fact, I cry now when I think that in 6 months I will no longer be sleeping straight through the night. (Also--way to go Keith for picking up some of the night duties! Paul doesn't even move--I'm not sure yet if he's faking or not!)

Dusty said...

Oh man, what a night. It makes for a funny story at least.

Anonymous said...

oh man! i hate nights like that!

don't you love that keith helps you out?! jim's the same way. it makes things just a little easier anyways.

i hope you all get a good nights sleep tonight!

xx
jill

Laura said...

UM, this is hilarious. and sort of freaking me out. I don't have kids yet...maybe I'll settle for favorite auntie.

Laura said...

UM, this is hilarious. and sort of freaking me out. I don't have kids yet...maybe I'll settle for favorite auntie.

Brittney said...

YIKES! what a HECTIC night and morning! if thats what i have to look forward to with 4, maybe i will be good with just two:) at least keith is there to support you, put rex down to bed and still laugh at the chaos~ what a team.

Grapefruit said...

You laughed? WOW. I do not think I would have been laughing. Crying is more like it.

Cute pics!

Rachael H. (and Gang) said...

Wish we were closer and I could help watch your kids while you napped. ;) I can not believe how crazy! I get to remember that again soon enough-- I just hope that my other kids will stay asleep while we rustle with the new baby!

Mary and Ryan said...

I have a book for you to read. It will have them all sleeping through the night every night! My pediatrician told me about it when Dallas was like 10 months and still not sleeping very well, after I read it Dallas became such a good sleeper! I started it right away with Dylan and he is sleeping through the night. It works I promise:)

Chelsea said...

oh my heck you poor thing! you need a giant 4 hour nap asap! seriously, that is the worst!