This Week of Full Day Kindergarten For KK hasn't gone as smoothly as I would have imagined... KK has always been Ms. LiTtle social always LoVing school, dance or whatever she is doing... Well, that hasn't been the case for Kindergarten! At least not this week since ALL DAY Kindergarten has started! She did fine with the first two weeks of half days but now that she is having to go for 6 1/2 hours a day, she's decided that's just WaY to MUCH! Poor girl... Last night she broke down and cried to me for about 45 minutes telling me she just wanted to stay home... School is just WAY to lOng and BoRing!!!! I thought we had talked through it and worked it all out... I told her I would come meet her at lunch the rest of the week and visit her at school... Anyways, I went to drop her off for school this morning and I drove up to the drop off and she WOULD NOT budge! Tayler and Kaitlyn jumped out of the car... I pulled up a bit more and opened the door again... still she held on tight to her seat belt and said " DOn't even think about it, Im NOt going! " By this time I was holding up the line and had to keep driving with Kk still in the back. We ended up going home getting my shoes and rex's shoes so we could walk her into her class and get her excused for being Late ... By the time we left the classroom Kinley and I were both in tears! She just kept saying "But I will miss you too much!!" Heartbreaking!!! I guess I better soak it up while it lasts!She was fine at lunch and I'm sure it will just take a couple weeks to get used to all that goes with being a BIG KIndergartener!! I know She'll do GReAT!!!
11 comments:
It took Seth an entire month to adjust to full day kindergarten. He cried every morning frm the time he got on the bus until class started. I hope KK's adjustment is shorter! It's such a big change.
My kids love to do yoga moves with my mom.
oh Lynsi! That is so sad and funny, that girl is determined! Maybe they should never have started with the half day first, then they wouldn't know any different!
You have to pay extra to have all day Kindergarten here. I'm glad they don't make it mandatory. I don't think Carter would do well going to school all day at such a young age.
poor girl! i would've cried,too! that's emotional! i'm sure she'll adjust quickly, and she has the best mom to help her until she does!
I can picture KK not budging in the car, so funny. I bet it was sad! My boy's start next week and even though we have already gone through the all day I am sure I will cry, we are all dreading it! I think sometime's the kid's adjust quicker than the mom's...hang in there!
Oh, poor honey. I had no idea she was struggling with ALL day. I really wish J and KK were in the same class. They sure do love each other.
That story made me cry just thinking about it, I am sure she will do so great as soon as she is used to how long it is.
The Yoga is so adorable! I love the picture of you and Tayler looking at eachother.
I teared up just reading this! I don't know how you made it out of that classroom.
Poor little KK! I hope that she gets used to Kindergarten soon--it's such a big adjustment!
I love the pictures of Tays and KK's first day of school, The Ranch, and when Mars and Miles stayed over. It's so fun to get cousins together and to spend time with your family!
I love it! I definitely think all day kindergarten is made for some and not others! Maddie loved it last year, but I'm a little worried that Peyton might not have the strength to last all day next year! I can't believe Tays is already in 2nd grade! Your pics are awesome! You do such a good job keeping up with this whole Blogging thing! I try, but still find myself a little (a lot) behind! Take care!
Hey lynsi, I love all the new posts and pictures. I love hearing the school drama! It makes me glad that all us mommies go through it. Hope all is well at the cute Wilson HOME....
Post a Comment