KeItH's NeW GoLf PaRtNeR



You rarely see Rex without some kind of ball in his hands at all times! A Basketball, football,
tennis ball, soccer ball... it really doesn't matter, as long as it's a BALL!
Lately though, Rex has become absolutely obsessed with GOLF! The LoVe of golf all started when my grandparents got him a little golf set for his 2nd birthday. As soon as he opened it his eyes lit up and he went straight out to the yard and started swinging away!
This summer he has spent at least a couple hours a day outside hitting golf balls all over the yard! ( even in the middle of the day when it's over 100 degrees outside) KK helped him dig a little hole out in the grass where he practices putting as well! It makes me laugh that he LoVes it so much and takes it so seriously! He will play and hit balls with whoever is willing...but he prefers to be with Keith. As soon as Keith gets home from work all he wants is his daddy outside playing golf with him!
If his clubs aren't handy he finds whatever he can to use as a club and a ball. The other day after lunch he was using his straw and a grape that had fallen on the floor and was taking full swings all around the kitchen!
Well, a couple weeks ago Keith decided to take KK and Rex out to play nine holes! It was then that his obsession kicked in! Since then not an hour has gone by that he hasn't asked Keith to take him to the golf course. " I wanna go golf course daddy!" The night they got back from their first time on the course Rex couldn't sleep and every time we went in his room all he would say is " I wanna go to the golf course!" Same thing happened the next day for nap.... All I could hear him saying from his room was " I wanna go to the golf course"... He ended up sleeping with his golf clubs and balls! After all day everyday for a few days of hearing Rex beg to go golfing again, Keith took him out for another nine holes! Rex was in absolute heaven!
This past weekend Keith took him with him to play 18 holes and I wondered if he would really be able to make it... Keith came home and said it was windy and raining but Rex was not about to leave! He only had a hard time when he realized he had hit his last shot and it was time to go! ohh does he love it!
I'm sure these BoYs will have LoTs of good times together ... and before long Ben can join in on the fun!
6 comments:
i remember when i worked at superstition mountain golf course, and i would see dads bring their little boys out golfing with them, and i just thought it was the CUTEST thing ever! that is so special that rex has something special to do with keith, he is so cute in his crib with his club! what a big boy!
Your little boy is so cute! All your kids are CUTE. Dont you love being a mom of such cute, good kids.
He is so cute. I know if Brandon saw this it would make him want a boy even more. Can't wait to see you in a month. Tell the gym gals hello and I will have to stop and see them because I lost their emails in the move. Talk to you soon.
Carter was and still is crazy about any sport Brian plays. Kyle is funny b/c he really has two left feet and doesn't care about sports....I still can't figure out how that happened to him!!! I love the picture of Rex sleeping with his clubs. Kyle sleeps with a different book every night. My boys couldn't be any different.
I think Ryan is going to start taking big D too, Keith called him and told him how much fun Rex had. So cute! ONce again those two would be such good buddies!
rex is seriously the next tiger! when i saw him swinging that day in your front yard, i was so impressed! love the pic of him sleeping w/ his golf club!
Post a Comment